jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Obama just got 4 more pinocchios:

1. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 4 years ago
    1. carol3san profile image59
      carol3sanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe that they are covering the expenses of the 2 wars that Bush didn't put into his budget, nor the big medicare give-away, and the tax break for the rich.

2. JSChams profile image60
      JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So what do you think of the Pinocchios Habee?

1. habee profile image89
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think there's plenty of blame to go around. I hold Bush partially responsible, but I agree with WaPo's findings that when Obama places 90% of the blame on W, the POTUS is being dishonest. Romney and Obama have both told some whoppers, and both have been admonished by WaPo fact-checkers.

1. JSChams profile image60
          JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. Your opinion won't be shared by most here.

2. Josak profile image61
          Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, that one was definitely a lie or at best a pretty dumb mistake which is disappointing, it's been a long time since we had a candidate or president who wasn't disappointing in my view. *sigh*

1. habee profile image89
            habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I sooooo totally agree! "Honest Abe" is surely spinning in his grave.

2. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

Very good point:

From OP link

Now one could argue, as Obama’s defenders do, that his policies to combat the recession were intended to be temporary. But he has also supported permanently extending the Bush tax cuts for Americans making less than $250,000, which by itself will shrink federal revenues for years to come. That means these are no longer Bush’s tax cuts, but Obama’s.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So now we are against tax cuts, but only for those making under $250,000? It's hard to keep up.

1. Reality Bytes profile image93
        Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am not against the tax cuts.  Obama needs to take responsibility for continuing them, it is a good thing, why is he ashamed?

Does he just have a natural tendency to avoid responsibility for his actions, then to take responsibility for the actions of others?

Those tax cuts can no longer be called the Bush tax cuts, doing so would be a falsehood.

working