jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Romney signs pledge to change US constitution

1. Josak profile image60
    Josakposted 4 years ago

This is last years news but was something I had entirely forgotten, Romney has pledged to change the US constitution to make marriage between a man and a woman exclusively. This would be the biggest dent to equal rights in recent history and would set back gay rights by decades, I don't understand how moderates and social liberals can vote for a guy like this.
    I am disgusted.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So, it's okay for them to change the constitution but others have to follow everything literally? hypochracy much?

1. jenniferrpovey profile image94
        jenniferrpoveyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What I would like to point out is that he wants to undo Roe vs. Wade so the states can determine who can have an abortion...and on the same page he wants an amendment to remove the right of the states to determine who can get married.

Inconsistent, much?

And being a constitutionalist doesn't mean you don't change the constitution, it means you don't go against what's already in there.

I would also point out that there has only ever been one constitutional amendment that reduced rights instead of protecting them. It worked very well.

Not.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
          Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Inconsistency is Willard's middle name.

2. Paul Wingert profile image78
    Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago

Romney want to convert this country into a 18th century church/state.

3. jenniferrpovey profile image94
    jenniferrpoveyposted 4 years ago

Actually, Paul, I don't think that's true.

Romney is pandering to extremists who want to convert this country into an 18th century church/state is FAR more likely to be accurate.

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you are probably right. Result is the same though.

4. maxoxam41 profile image78
    maxoxam41posted 4 years ago

It is good that radical measures like that threaten our freedom, it will make the people react! It is the blueprint of our coming dictatorship!

working