jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Suggestions For A Better World

1. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What steps would YOU implement to make this world a better place for all humankind?   What type of social, educational, and job incentive programs would YOU implement?  Why? Why not?   Why do YOU believe that this postmodern society is in DESPERATE NEED of repair?   It seems that "as is" for this postmodern society is totally below subpar!

1. dove777 profile image59
      dove777posted 4 years ago in reply to this

we have diminished training in early childhood of our connection to God which should come in the home from our parents. We have blurry definitions of the words freedom and lack of emphasis on the words responsibility and self discipline.

2. dove777 profile image59
      dove777posted 4 years ago in reply to this

one thing i would do to improve things, is to require that all children take classwork early in school about anatomy and physiology and nutrtion to allow them to understand how remarkable their bodys are and how what they eat converts into their own body, this would surely raise their self respect and spark their curiousity about life itself.

2. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Mandatory pot smoking and an unlimited supply of Cheetos for all. And lots of great music. lol

I really wish I knew the answer. I think education/job training/personal responsibility would help - but not SOLVE - the problems we face. It would be just about impossible for the same policies/programs to work in every nation. For the US, I wish we'd completely take care of people who can't find jobs - on a temporary basis. As long as they attended school or training and made passing marks, we'd foot the bill for their rent, power, food, transportation, etc. We'd also help with job placement. Once the person was working, a little would be taken out of their check each week to repay the government.

1. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What you have presented habee is a quite excellent premise.   Maybe we should elect you as POTUS, excellent job!

1. habee profile image89
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The first idea, or the second? lol

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I think it would be interesting to implement some sort of 'policy' into 'experimental' form with just a community. i.e., sliding bar experiment with raising and lowering taxes and observe outcomes upon the community. It would be a learning tool or method for the gov't, to introduce such 'changes', learn the pro's and con's before implementing  into a 'national' policy. Just a thought. smile

working