jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Former pollster for Edwards and Gore admits polls "propaganda".

1. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the … 37100.html

Put em on the stand. Marvelous way to get the truth.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I read that earlier today. Interesting, to say the least.

1. JSChams profile image60
        JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't you just love how topics like this get dutifully ignored by the left?

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Wow.  That's pretty eye-opening.

Here are some quotes from the article that, to me, are worth remembering - like, forever (I added all the bolding, italics, and underlining):

"...the discussion of polling and the legitimate bounds of spin did offer an unusual behind-the-scenes look at a major presidential campaign...."

"Hickman's testimony also opened a rare window into the way major presidential campaigns try to use polling numbers to spin the press and laid bare the fact that top campaign operatives sometimes propound a version of the truth starkly at odds with what they themselves believe."

"In short, to many journalists, what Hickman admitted doing in late 2007 and 2008 was no more a sign of bad character than an actor spinning a yarn on stage during a play or a lawyer mounting an implausible defense for a clearly guilty client."

"Asked if what he did to that end in the 2008 race was at all unusual when compared with other contests, Hickman told Duncan: 'No. No. I did -- you know, I did what I was supposed to do…. I did my job the way I've always done my job.'"

[Quoting Hickman] "'The business I'm in is a business any fool can get into.'"  - - -  It's, um, well, sort of like the blind leading the blind.  yikes