jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Obama wants to cut Medicare

1. JSChams profile image61
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … JxnZH6DyL4

From MSNBC so you can't shoot the messenger. In his own words too.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Anyone running the country is going to have to put medicare in profit.  More in, or less out, or both.  That's just how it is.

JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh ok but then this doesn't get admitted really in public. If you looked at the video it wasn't a speech or anything.
      In public it is his opponent with the problem.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Both candidates accuse the other of it.  But either will have to do it if elected.  It should be a non-issue for voters capable of comprehending basic arithmetic.

Ok will he or both come out and admit something like that in tonight's debate?
          I bet you anything you like there is not a threat you could make to force either of them to talk about it. Particularly the incumbent because he is never, and I mean never, supposed to do anything llike that.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

The point of a debate is to say nothing and look good doing it.

Apparently.

I have never seen one where I came away with anything that would alter my opinion one way or another.
      They seem mostly for the moderates who have no clue as to what the issues are. They won't get any good answers there.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image68
    Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago

Everyone recognizes that health care cost increases are unsustainable. The issue is how to curb health care cost increases which will result in Medicare cost increases that will bankrupt the country. The problem is not with Medicare but rather with the inefficiencies in our patchwork health care system which rewards hospitals and doctors financially for performing costly, unnecessary, ineffective tests and procedures. There is no silver bullet solution, but we can't afford to give up and simply shift Medicare costs onto the elderly as proposed by Paul Ryan.

From what I am seeing everyone has a little in this and you would never have heard any liberal especially My Obama allowing any of this talk to get around prior to his election and the passing and signing of ACA. Now suddenly it's a given.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's in the policies/budgets if you look.  But no one is going to campaign on cutting off granny's medicine.  It also does not differential the parties as they both plan to do roughly the same thing (rationalizing, efficiencies, cuts)

Yes, but my point and my issue being that one party of course is the good guy and wants everyone to have all and the other are the evil pushing granny off the cliff bunch.
          Neither of these is true.

At all.

5. crazyhorsesghost profile image86
    crazyhorsesghostposted 4 years ago

Ralph your right on point there. I am in treatment for cancer through the VA and I see so much waste. I really can't see how they can keep it up forever. Interesting thread here.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image68
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had a visit to a hospital emergency room several years ago, and I can't recall anything else in my experience in business and government that was so poorly organized and inefficient as the emergency room.

working