jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

A Jewish parliament in Brussels since February?

1. maxoxam41 profile image80
    maxoxam41posted 4 years ago

Why would Europe need a Jewish parliament? Or why isn't there a Christian parliament, a Muslim? Or if it did not allude to religion but a race? Why isn't there a Romanian, Malian, Japanese parliament in Brussels? Isn't there enough Jewish lobbying in the world, for us to allow another one?

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello Max. How are you today?

The EJP is a special interest group. It has 120 members elected by 400,000 votes cast in 47 countries in East, Central, and Western Europe. The organization provides a forum to air the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of European Jews. {1}Didn’t you notice, Max? They did not ask your permission. Actually, I don’t think you are in a position to “allow” anything. If you feel the need to form other special interest groups, you are free to do so.

Please let me know which groups you start. I might join some of them.

Stay well, Max. Peace.
      {1} http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 … 30,00.html

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

How dare people use their freedom to congregate to discuss issues that are important to them!

3. maxoxam41 profile image80
    maxoxam41posted 4 years ago

Don't they have the knesset?
    I think that their primary motive is to acquire a zone of influence in Europe as they did in the US. In the US, the Jewish lobby is so powerful that not only does Israel benefit from financial American aids but it also controls the US foreign policy as for the middle east affairs!
    If they want to discuss, so naively said by psycheskinner, why don't they organize forums, conferences, gatherings...? No they want power! And I guess a legislative one won't scare the international community too much!
    Now, since it is a parliament, it will legislate, I guess! Where will those laws be applicable to? Will it finance laws to be appliable in poorer European economies? Since it will benefit the Jewish community, how will they enforce it to a participating or non participating country?...
    Why in Brussels? To give it more credibility, power?