jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

O'Reilly / Stewart debate

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I invested the $5 to see Bill O'Reilly and Jon Stewart debate. It was very entertaining and even educational. It is interesting that O'Reilly used visual aids...

1. William F. Torpey profile image81
      William F. Torpeyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Did O'Reilly write notes on the palms of his hands? If he did they were probably some of the lies Romney told during the debate.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

It was actually a good debate. Of course, O'Reilly tried to push the conservative agenda. He actually said he likes President Obama as a person.

I did like how Stewart asked him why Obama was held to a different standard than past presidents were. All O'Reilly kept saying in answer to that was Bush is gone... He wouldn't admit that part of the deficit and the debt is due to 2 wars that just obviously popped up when Obama was president...

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like both these guys, even though Bill is irritatingly arrogant. It drives me crazy when he doesn't let his guests speak, too, which happens on occasion. Why interview them in the first place?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like them too, and they are friends. It reassures me that people can find room to talk to each other regardless of what they believe without name calling and insults.  O'Reilly won my heart a while ago when he said Robert F Kennedy was one of his political heroes. However, I've never watched his show and never will smile

Last night they were both asked the question who their political heroes were, Jon picked RFK as his hero last night and O'Reily said some nice things about him. O'Reilly picked Lincoln.

1. habee profile image90
          habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I thought they were friends. I find this wonderfully refreshing, also. Maybe there's hope for the HP forums! lol

I watch O'Reilly sometimes - one of the few FOX shows I watch. I don't find him to be as rabidly far right as some of the others on the network. He was pretty quick to come out and say that the "birther" nonsense was a bunch of crap.

working