jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Obama misrepresents Princeton economist's findings

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

From Harvey Rosen:

"I can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work.  It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal.  The main conclusion of my study is that  under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same.  That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/pri … 53917.html

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm beginning to detect a pattern.

Romney lies.
      Obama lies.
      Romney backpedals.
      Obama backpedals.
      Romney lies.
      Obama lies.

And all the while, America suffers.

Go Politics!

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Aha! See? I knowed you was intellujint! lol

1. profile image0
          JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

*ahem*

look at all those crickets!

*looks over at the threads about Romney being a liar*

*walks away*

1. habee profile image90
            habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Strange, isn't it?

2. paintphd profile image61
      paintphdposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow....So most of agree that both candidates are capable of inaccuracies to be politically correct. Politicians are lawyers so what do we expect. We can only hope the lawyer doesn't sell out our interest in a back room deal with the defendant and throw our case, which by the way happens more than you know.
      Now the dilemma at hand is which liar shall we choose....the one who exhibits the least "inaccuracies" while advancing their self serving agenda's,   and which one will "Lie and make us like it",  toss our liberties under the bus to advance a radical social economic ideology.   Our vote is simple Obama for social economic revolution and wealth redistribution. Or Romney,Capitalistt extroidinare with enhanced capitalist  specialization in creating wealth for himself along with  investors of the American dream. And believes that a Society is strongest when people are allowed to create their own wealth, pay fair taxes, give it away and spend it in any legal manor they see fit; while providing a safety net for those truly unable to have a dignified existence. And providing the means and opportunity for those wishing to break the bonds of enslavement to welfare to be able to.

2. EGAD Call profile image61
    EGAD Callposted 4 years ago

Let's get the liars out of government and just have anarchy.

working