jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Liberals "hating on" Stacey Dash

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

A black actress has strayed from the Hollywood herd and is supporting Romney. She's facing some nasty backlash as a result.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ … omney.html

1. JSChams profile image60
      JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh sure she is. You are not EVER supposed to do that at all.
      Keep an eye peeled and watch the viciousness.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Some people were mean on Twitter?  That doesn't sound like a widespread liberal backlash to me.  It sounds like a few jerks on twitter who need to be added to her blocking filter.

1. American View profile image61
        American Viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not sure if it is true or not, but I read that over 50,000 responses trashing her, many using very vulgar language. I even saw another group going on about how they will rise up and have riot in the streets if Romney wins.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
          psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are lot of blowhard idiots on Twitter and other anonymous online networks.  I doubt most of them would leave their mother's basement to cross the street, let alone riot.

1. habee profile image90
            habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. habee profile image90

I read that number, too. Some that are especially nasty are telling Dash to kill herself.

OT, but can you believe she's 46?? Wow - she looks awesome!

2. habee profile image90

I didn't say "widespread." I said "some nasty backlash." Suggesting that a person go kill herself is pretty nasty, IMO.

2. ocbill profile image76
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

She is very beautiful and is entitled to her opinion. I think she is only getting this in the news b/c she is an actress. I can assure you that many blacks are convinced of what Obama has accomplished. Obviously the majority of white voters did not vote for McCain in 2008. It's just the media trying to stir up some nonsense similar to us caring about Lindsey Lohan's daily driving. People have the right to vote for whom they choose (freedom). And most would not disagree that the last debate was won easily by Romney.

3. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I agree - all registered voters have the right to choose and support their candidate of choice, without fear of being ostracized/rebuked/reproved/criticized. I understand why some people wish to keep their vote private.

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Ms. Dash has the right to vote for whom she wants!    I just do not understand some of the distractors.  They need to grow up!    I applaud her choice although I do not agree with her!

1. habee profile image90

That's the right attitude, gm!

5. movingout profile image59
    movingoutposted 4 years ago

These kind of attacks come from both sides. People just need to vote their mind and pay no attention to these crazy Democrats and Republicans!

working