jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Why is Bob Woodward so critical of Obama?

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I was just reading some exceprts from his latest book. I thought he was supposed to be the one journalist who isn't biased?

2. Shanna11 profile image91
    Shanna11posted 4 years ago

I am the only person who just wants to get a giant group hug going with Obama and Romney and right and left-wing extremists and just sing "goosefraba" very loudly, over and over?

People are way too angry and it makes me angry and then everyone's angry. Why am I even studying political science when the practically integral fighting and attacking is something I despise? tongue

3. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 4 years ago

Politicians have always fought, and it used to be more ugly in the US.  Just Google the Caining of Senator Charles Sumner to see what I mean.  Honestly I have always found politics appealing because there is intrigue, and people have difference of opinion.  I would rather follow an election than Honey Boo Boo, and I did not even know who that was until last week.

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

With Honey Boo Boo, you're not missing anything! lol

2. Shanna11 profile image91
      Shanna11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

As soon as you mention Honey Boo Boo, I'm instantly reminded of how much I enjoyed the debate and how much I really do like politics.

I just think that civility is missing, and being civil to your opponents and those who disagree with you never hurt anyone before.

1. SweetiePie profile image84
        SweetiePieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It could be more civil, that is true.

2. habee profile image91

I TOTALLY agree!

1. SweetiePie profile image84
          SweetiePieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Apparently there is a woman on YouTube capitalizing the the popularity of Honey Boo Boo, but her name is Honey Boob Boob.  Her channel is about makeup, but now she is using it to back Romney.

1. habee profile image91

lol

4. GA Anderson profile image85
    GA Andersonposted 4 years ago

I really like Bob Woodward. I think I have read all of his books. He has seen the inside of politics for a long time. If he is critical it is probably because it is justified - I trust his judgement and objectivity.

He was also critical of Bush "W"

GA

working