jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Obama and Romney both have a problem with moderator

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Finally - something both camps agree on. Apparently, no one bothered to tell Candy Crowley about the agreement made between Obama, Romney, and the debate commission.

http://thepage.time.com/2012/10/14/mode … he-debate/

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Who knows, the moderators haven't been doing a very good job so far, I don't really expect much out of them in the future.

Personally, I'd love to see a more formal debate. Give each candidate 2 minutes, and at the end of their 2 minutes, the mic shuts off!

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
        Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I thought Martha Raddatz did a super job in the Veep debate.
        But agree, I would like to see a "real" debate with rules and time limits enforced.
        About as likely as a non-dirty campaign, I'm afraid. sad

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Honestly, why even have a journalist of Candy Crawley's caliber moderating at all?
    Why not borrow a sports announcer? Or maybe Kelly Ripa?
    If the moderator is going to have both hands tied behind her back, what's the point?
    How is it a debate?
    roll

3. Teddletonmr profile image82
    Teddletonmrposted 4 years ago

How about replacing Crowley with true banner waving liberal such as Allan Combs .better yet, how about getting rid of the whole moderator format,  instead get a professional interrogator water board them both. How would that be? big_smile

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's pretty hard to get more liberal than Crowley. Can you imagine the lib rebellion if the debates had conservative moderators? Crowley is a vegetarian and is into transcendental meditation. Wonder if she'll ask the candidates about eating meat, or whether or not they meditate? lol

1. Teddletonmr profile image82
        Teddletonmrposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LOL big_smile

working