One Palestinian killed, 10 wounded, among them 5 CHILDREN!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 140 discussions (1019 posts)
  1. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

It is the result of an Israeli raid done on Sunday in Rafah. Almost everyday bombings are carried out in Gaza! This is the peace Israel is advocating?

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I guess then you equally condemn all of the attacks on Israel?

maxoxam41posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Which ones are you referring to? Didn't they promise peace? Didn't they promise to stop their colonialization? Too many promises broken to believe in the legitimacy of their policy. But the worst is their continual aggression towards anyone threatening their leadership in the middle east.

1. Xenonlit profile image60
          Xenonlitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why do we always get this automatic response that justifies every act of aggression by Israel without any thought behind it? It makes no sense.

When will Israel supporters elevate the suffering they cause to the same level as the suffering they complain about? I get a sense of cold blooded inhumanity in that question.

2. rhamson profile image70
        rhamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I condemn all of their behavior but mostly ours since the 1947 accord that established a country within a country. Truman hated the idea but was forced to go along with it. We have helped Israel arm itself to the teeth while lining the Arafats of old to keep their people in shambles.

Had we considered Arafat seriously, had we supported him financially and miltarily both countries would be respecting each other but I guess the US wanted to be represented in the region so why not former Palestine? Considering its history, former Palestine was never given a fair shake to peace nor to economical development.

1. rhamson profile image70

I agree with everything you said but Arafat was too corrupt to be a plausible leader. The millions he stashed overseas and occasionally reving up his followers to gain the public eye was shameful to say the least. I do believe there will never be peace until there is a acceptance of the Palestinians plight and some source of recompense for them.

1. Rp bazar profile image61
              Rp bazarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you about Arafat. yes you r right , there will never be peace until some source of recompense for them.

http://rpbazaar.supervaluesmall.com/home.html

2. Xenonlit profile image60

Apartheid. That was the plan. Apartheid at any cost.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Also 3 Israelis dead from bombing. 

I am not seeing a lot of peace in general.

3 former Palestine inhabitants against how many kids? Who were they military men?

3. rhamson profile image70

The larger picture is that the mullahs and chiefs in their efforts of holding power have blamed the Israeli occupation in Palestine as the wellspring of their woes. Yasser Arafat was a brilliant tactition and politician when it came to stirring up the rhetoric and garnering the payoffs from the west to turn it down a notch. The religious bent in all of this makes it easy for their leaders to instill passion and purpose to the struggles that only leave the top profiteers in the money and power. There will come a time when enough education in the lesser ranks will give way to a new understanding of the manipulation and they will turn on their handlers. Perhaps we are seeing a little of that now.

4. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

War is coming...

5. k12rswow profile image61
      k12rswowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Fox news headline today:
      Brazen faking of images reveals Hamas’ desperation
         Story below.
      http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/20 … speration/

2. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

NEWS FLASH:  That whole part of the world is trapped in an endless death spiral of Bronze Age religions. Contemporary politics and financial concerns only play on the same crap that old politics and financial concerns played on.

Point a finger at any of the parties in it and pretending that is why there is a problem is just dumb. It's a mess, it always has been a mess, and it probably always will be a mess. The fact that those people just can't escape those damn ancient mythologies locks the whole world into a situation where, at some point, some major portion of the globe is going to have to go up in smoke. We, in the West, at least those of us who are secular in our approach to the world, can only hope that somehow Facebook and cellphones can communicate to enough  people limping about in the desert on donkeys that there are other ways to live besides in the crushing heat with no water, no electricity, no education, no healthcare, and no hope of a life where some power figure (family or political) isn't free to just rape your freedom however they see fit with no repercussions. That is literally the hope of the entire globe. If that doesn't happen, the West is going to get sick of the 911 crap and, one terrorist attack too many is going to make a glass parking lot out of that part of the world and, well, the indignant liberals here will crap themselves, and our culture will devolve, forcing tyranny, and, well, bleh. It just gets ugly if you have the capacity to envision it.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So Shadesbreath, all that aside, what do you think about Israel murdering five children?

It was the point Hollie. The killing of children unpunitively.

1. nightwork4 profile image62
          nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

it's a never ending war between two religious groups and to think things will change is rediculous. both groups need to give their heads a shake and realize that religion is what is destroying them. it doesn't matter if it's kids dying or adults, it's still death. don't tell me that the other side is any better, that's foolish.

Once again, it is not a religious matter. It is not muslims versus jewish, it is Palestinians versus Jews, and I will daresay, Palestinians versus zionists. Religious Jews support the Palestinians and are ostracized by zionists.

2. nightwork4 profile image62

it is and always has been about religion so quit trying to make it look different. why do you think few people around the world care. we are sick of the religious nuts in the middle east acting like their religions don't harm anyone.

hamas is the only solution to the former Palestine military harassment. If they happen to be the only that have financial support whose fault is it? How many democracies helped Arafat to solve the problem. None. Isn't it their last recourse what would any country pushed against the wall do?

2. GA Anderson profile image89
        GA Andersonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What do you think of combatants using civilians - women and children as shields?

Combatants operating from homes and apartments - knowing the consequences of their actions?

GA

The same thing I think about all children losing their life. I don't try to justify murder by either side.

2. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is always nice to see tolerance and intelligence at work.  This is not either.

The US provides Israel with all its state of the art weapons - destabilises the other countries in the region or directly destroys their infrastructure and administration.  Now you want to tell us that the displaced survivors are limping around the desert on donkeys and their countries nuked !

You should take your drooling mouth off the Fox news tit and try to imagine what you (as a country) have done to this region - and be ashamed of yourself.

3. maxoxam41 profile image64

Firstly it is not religious. And who are them? I went there and contrary to your olf-fashioned views there's no desert.

1. profile image0
        Peelander Gallyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Um, are you saying that it's not a desert geographically? I'm pretty sure you didn't see any desert in the actual Gaza Strip because there are buildings on it now. Here's a well-known painting of the area from 1839:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7372627_f248.jpg

I didn't need a painting for me to know that there was a desert there, its geographic position is enough to make at least an allusion. I said when I was there and it was definitively not in 1839.

2. nightwork4 profile image62

then you are lying that you went there.

To limit Palestine to a desert with indigenous was the wrong picture. I did not say that former Palestine did not have a desert.

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One hell of a post. Liked it. +1000 smile

It is wrong to assume that religion is the engine of the zionists' butchering! Or that Bush marched in the middle east as a religious crusader!
    I'm wondering in what way, we, in the West, we are secular. Isn't Obama christian? Isn't Romney mormon? The fact that Kennedy was a catholic was a big deal at that time!

We are crying for the deaths of military men sacrificed by its own government (nothing new there) that went to Libya not to give candies to children but to destabilize the country (otherwise where would be their point?) but innocents kids slaughtered by sophisticated weaponry, we are "blase" aren't we? Isn't your silence make you an accomplice?

1. k12rswow profile image61

Knock it off will you, Israel has gotten pummeled over the years, and the gutless Iranian sponsored Hezbollah; if they are anything like Saddam was usually surrounded by civilians.  Yeah five too many, but what of the countless torn and shattered Jewish families.

1. recommend1 profile image60
          recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the sympathy card has been played out now old chap.  It is hard to feel sorry for the jewish side when it elects so many hawks to power, bends over backward to accomodate the stone age behaviours of so many of the population's religious extremists.  Gaza and everything around Israel looks like a war zone with nothing.

2. Josak profile image60
          Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Two wrongs make a right" a perfect and indisputable moral argument big_smile

The Jews stole the country of the Palestinian people. Why would I cry over Jews that are attacking everybody around them? They are the oppressors. Were they attacked recently? They attacked Sudan, Palestine, Lebanon. We don't hear the mainstream media accusatory tone when it comes to blame.
          Your remarks are unfounded like most of the people who are uninformed.

1. eternals3ptember profile image60
            eternals3ptemberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Imagine Canada told the US that Mexico now owned it and then the world bashed every attempt at American resistance.

2. profile image0
            HowardBThinameposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Max - where do you suppose the Jews lived in the last few centuries? Where do you think they came from? They are in their homeland. And did you know that genetically, today's arabs in the holy land region are linked to the same Hebrew ancestors as as today's Jews? How many times do you think the arabs have turned down a two-state solution? It might behoove you to learn your history before making such comments as you've made on this topic. I generally don't post on the Middle East topics because there is such widespread misunderstanding of the history of the region. I suggest "A Peace to End All Peace" as a good place to start finding out why we have the trouble there today that we have.

Where did they live? Everywhere but in Palestine. It is interesting to underline the fact that the jews were persecuted in Spain (by the Inquisition), in Russia (pogroms), all over Europe from 1939 to 1945 but were not in muslim regions.

1. profile image0

That's not correct, Max.

Jews were scattered in Europe and the Middle East, but they lived side-by-side with their arab neighbors for centuries. Granted, there have always been those who persecuted the Jews, mostly for religious reasons, but "Palestine," which was an area and not a nation, was home to millions of Jews for millennium. Before WWI, Israel did not exist. But, neither did Lebanon, Iraq or Syria. The division of the Ottoman Empire was the brainchild of W. Churchill.

Churchill drew up the empire division and he gave the largest areas to specific groups of arabs, ostensibly to keep them from warring with each other. The Jews got the tiniest bit of land where they were living in the highest concentrations already.

It really would help if folks would study the history previous to the Balfour Decl. before they say Jews weren't living there. They were. In high numbers.

2. profile image0

Obama doesn't push his religious beliefs on others. Any U.S. presidential candidate who would dare to run on a purely secular platform and publicly admit that they did not believe in God would never, ever get elected. You can't just say, "The West is secular".

I didn't say that. I said that we were not not and it was supported by my examples.

3. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then perhaps those of us old enough to remember 'The Facts' of a world before the current Under 40s Were Born.... can help you out... if you're lost.... Which way did you come in? 
      The PLO - fathers of the existing 'victims' you are speaking of... are probably more responsible for the ongoing hostilities than you are prepared to accept!
      Get Real.... Explain to this audience what the poor Palestinians did at the Munich Olympics in 1972...
      How with your argument do you justify that BS and blatant 'acts of aggression' against not just Israel, but the whole world???
      Learn your History Facts... and then present the world with valid reasons why the hatred exists! sad

Didn't the Americans make a big deal of Obama's presumed religion? Not that long ago. When we watch the map of Palestine in 1947 and the one from 2012, I understand why people fight! I don't recall that the Basques' war, the Irish's war... were that much different from the Palestinians' one. Even a European faction the Baader Meinhof gang supported their fight. The stealing of a land implies bloodshed. What about justifiying it by their participation to the dismemberment of Palestine? I know my history no need of a pseudo teacher like you.

1. profile image0

Why stop at the map of 1947? Why not look at the map of the Ottoman Empire from just a few decades before? If you do - you'll see that Israel was only one of numerous changes made. What makes those other changes okay, but the change that became Israel not okay?

In my experience, I've found that those who throw around the term "zionist" and say things like "land grabbing," don't really know the history of the region or the division of land. wink

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
            Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Why not look at the map of the Ottoman Empire from just a few decades before?"

I agree. That would be like saying look at the map of America before the Mayflower. Too much water over the dam. Israel is there and it ain't goin' away.

4. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

I want to remind you that seven years ago, Israel withdrew from every square inch of Gaza. Now Hamas, they took over the areas Israel vacated.

What did it do?

Rather than build a better future for the residents of Gaza, the Hamas leadership, backed by Iran, turned Gaza into a terrorist stronghold. They fired thousand of rockets at Israeli cities, towns, at and civilians. They’ve smuggled thousands of rockets and missiles into Gaza, and they deliberately place these rockets and missiles in civilian areas: in homes, in schools, near hospitals. This year alone, they fired over one thousand rockets and missiles at Israel, including close to 200 rockets in the last 24 hours.

I challenge anyone of you who does not think Israel has the right to defend itself, go spend a year in Israel then spend a year in a Sharia run country.

Then get back to me.

1. Josak profile image60

Israel did not allow any materials or goods into the Gaza strip to do any building of anything at all. Now just because YOU prefer one culture to another does not justify murder on either side, Israel is in violation of international law in the soil it holds and was established on the understanding that it would remain at it's original borders it has also used phosphorous weapons against civilians.

Ever seen what a phosphorous weapon does to human flesh? If not do so then get back to me.

Palestine has evil individuals and terrorist groups committing atrocities against Israelis and that is unjustifiable but Israel has an evil government representing the will of their people and that is far worse. I would also like to remind you that religion is not the point here, this is a border dispute where the international courts have ruled Israel is in violation, the first group Israel wiped out and dispossessed were not Muslims but Palestinian Christians.

Finally opinions in favor of the oppressed!

2. profile image0

+1

3. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
        BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It appears to me that Israel is more interested in self-preservation than some international law mumbo jumbo. I think there was once a time when the United States didn't like missiles in Cuba much.

4. phion profile image60
        phionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Josk~ Have you seen and smelled Willy P cooked corpses?  Last I knew the Palestinian Christians weren’t engaging in acts of terror and war, but I’m sure they are relieved that you are concerned with their plight and long suffering. Where there is a will there is a way. The militants in Gaza got what they wanted through underground tunnels and smugglers, hint…not building materials or teachers…. If Every Jew and Christian disappeared, do you think anything would change in the Middle East…honestly? How was the Sharia Law working out for the oppressed in Afghanistan under the Taliban? How about the oppressed in every Muslim dominant country? You speak like you know of true horror. I don’t doubt you have seen the depths of human capability, but it seems like the dark corners of true oppression are being over looked.
        You cite international law in reference to boarders… says who? Let’s pretend to be objective. Say you are a newly founded country, with boarders that other nations made for you, then you are attacked and subsequently win a ground battle. After you have won, would you leave and give the land back to those that just attacked you? Would you keep some key terrain, and give back other parts? What is the answer that would suffice in the eyes of these extremists? Keep in mind this enemy is your geographical neighbor. Also keep in mind, that the Jews are no the drafters of the indefensible boarders you speak of.
        We can blab about our falsehoods, alternate histories, and personal experiences all we want, but the fact is things are about to get a whole lot uglier, and the old way of thinking has failed us yet again. Hell maybe Aliens will come attack us, then maybe we will all unite, even if it only lasts a while.
        De Oppresso Liber

5. ReuVera profile image82
        ReuVeraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

you are very misinformed. Even now, when Hamas showers Israeli towns with hundreds of rockets, even now, Israel does send hundreds of trucks loaded with food and other aid to Gaza. Gaza does not lack anything, Israel supplies there electricity and water, all for free. They should not, they don't have to, but they do it.

2. maxoxam41 profile image64

BS, I've been there so don't start your uninformed monologue!

1. ReuVera profile image82

Where have you been exactly?

Tel-Aviv, Haifa, Tveriad, Akko, Jerusalem, Gaza, Jericho...

I am not a "he". You are lazy even to find out who I am, not saying anything that you would not read the truth.

I lived in Israel for 10 years, and also I worked with people from Gaza.

Are you jewish? I am neither an arab nor a  jew.

Yes, I am Jewish! What does it matter? Why do you ask this question?

3. Barefootfae profile image60
      Barefootfaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is absolutely correct. Every word, every syllable.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hamas also provides the only safety net available to support widows and orphans and provides what little infrastructure there is.  Which is pretty much letting them win the PR battle for the hearts of Gaza inhabitants.

Your source of info? Fox, too?

4. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes but they locked the gates behind them. They imprisoned a whole people, Controlled goods in and out. Insufficient food, medical supplies, building supplies. A total blockade or siege.

I think, if I was forty years younger, captive, humiliated and deprived in my own country, I might also be tempted to lob some explosives over the wall. Wouldn't you?

1. Terminex profile image57
        Terminexposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7375772_f248.jpg

1. Paraglider profile image88

Yes and if I had the character and temperament of Siddartha Guatama I might be able to resist the temptation, but I wouldn't expect a whole generation of Siddarthas to appear in one place at the same time, would you?

"Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?"
            http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7375822_f248.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY

Fine, but you have to say why you think this particular clip is pertinent to a discussion on Gaza.

Just as the knowledge of a genetic deformity is relevant to the process of curing cancer.

No, sorry, that doesn't work as an explanation. Interesting clip, just the same.

"I think, if I was forty years younger, captive, humiliated and deprived in my own country, I might also be tempted to lob some explosives over the wall. Wouldn't you?"

We are talking about young people, aren't we? We are talking about their capacities for problem solving, aren't we?

You actually justified their use of violence as a valid solution to their problem.

2. ReuVera profile image82

well, well..... judging by their own site they don't lack food or other goods in gaza....

http://www.paltoday.ps/arabic/News-49213.html

http://www.paltoday.ps/arabic/News-64161.html

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

I would suggest you go spend a year in Gaza and then a year in Israel.

Well said, but for that she needs guts. From the little I see of her, she likes comfort.

6. knolyourself profile image60

I think whenever Israel cannot get its own way, i.e. no US attack on Iran in this case, it attacks the Palestinians.

+1. Sanctions against Iran are not good enough, thus....

7. innersmiff profile image67
    innersmiffposted 11 years ago

What anti-Israel bias?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7371972_f248.jpg

Three Israelis are killed, but the fifteen Palestinian deaths are apparently only worth mentioning until the 4th paragraph.

Former Palestine's biased news. The US is the same. No objectivity.

Tell me, are you a shia liberal? sorry (progressive)

1. Josak profile image60

I doubt you will find many people here that support sharia but that is utterly irrelevant to the situation, it is not our job nor that of Israel to judge the customs and traditions of other cultures, nor is it our job to "civilize" them as the colonialists held, the laws that Muslims happen to support have no bearing on territorial dispute or international law.

The facts are simply that Israel has broken most of the most grave laws a nation can break and continues to do so for which there is no excuse and no justification, the fact that you dislike sharia does not justify the methodical torture, displacement, oppression and murder of those who support it.

I'm just trying to understand your background?  Why get so hot about disputed land is Israel?  What's it to you?

1. Josak profile image60

Injustice and oppression bothers me, always has, what Israel is doing is a massive wrong and as an American taxpayer it bothers me even more that Israel is being helped by my tax dollars.

I agree with you Josak.

And you a salafist or sorry a conservative?

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Well said, Innersmiff. The BBC also didn't even bother to report the death of a BBC stafers 11 month old child.

As I said it, the jews massacre who they please in total impunity and the rest of the western world remains silent. Since most media and governments are of a jewish obedience, their immobility makes sense.

Max, it's an Israeli obedience, not a Jewish one. There are lots of Jews who are disgusted by the Israeli government and their actions. Problem is, when they speak out they are labelled as self hating Jews.

8. Repairguy47 profile image59
    Repairguy47posted 11 years ago

Maybe Hamas should quit screwing with Israel!

Former Palestine isn't guilty at all, is it?

9. Wayne Brown profile image80
    Wayne Brownposted 11 years ago

Funny, you didn't care to mention the 200+ rockets fired into Israel yesteday...weapons which likely came Libya via you know who.  Israel is not the one looking for a fight here but you can damn sure bet they are not one to run from one either.  If there are dead in Palestine, it lies at the feet of Hamas. ~WB

Funny, no one cares to mention the annexation of what is left of the Palestinian territories, or the system of apartheid, or the control of Palestinian wealth by Israelis, or the systematic abuse encountered by Palestinians on a daily basis from Israeli settlers living in land that is not legitimately theirs, ie. not within the 1967 borders. Oh no, that is irrelevant we are led to believe.

While I would never condone violence against civilians of Israel, or Palestine, there is a bigger picture here.There is much that the Government of Israel can do to promote peace, for all citizens whether they be Israeli or Palestinian, like stop allowing settlers to live on land that does not belong to them, allow the residents of Gaza to rebuild their homes, control their own finances and become a sovereign state. If Israel truly want to see the back of Hammas, then maybe they should work with the Palestinians and  not against them.

And no, I've never been to Israel, but I didn't have to visit South Africa, either, to know that apartheid was wrong, wrong, wrong.

So if I understood you well, Hamas launched 200 rockets against one from Former Palestine.Ho! You are right. Former Palestine is a peaceful one. It doesn't want to show to the world its sophisticated weaponery! What better target than undevelopped countries? It doesn't want the rest of the world to buy its weapons! The US doesn't give them $ 2bn yearly to "defend" against an invisible enemy!
      It wants to fight Iran, let's former Palestine fight it on its own. Given its size it will be pulverized in few hours.

10. wavegirl22 profile image48

Israel has warned Hamas and the people of Gaza time and again that there will be consequences for their actions.  Those warnings have gone unheeded.  Israel takes care not to hurt innocent civilians, but how can the IDF be sure to protect innocents when villains hide amongst them? We will see some ugly images over the next few days and weeks.  Children will die and unfortunately they will die horrifically.  Israeli children will die because it pleases Hamas that they do.  Palestinian children will die because Hamas and Islamic Jihad fighters hide amongst civilians, in their homes, in their schools and in their hospitals.  They do this so that any Israeli defense appears to be disproportionately violent.  Lets remember one thing, Israeli soldiers wear uniforms, terrorists do not.

It was reported just a little while ago that there has been a rocket fired from Gaza that struck outside Jerusalem. Launching rockets at Jerusalem, where there are over 100k Arab residents proves that Hamas is aiming for civilians of all stripes.

1. Josak profile image60

The point is Israel has no right to be where the rockets are landing, that soil is by law illegally occupied. You can't justify violence to hold onto something you stole in the first place that just makes it felony murder. Certain Palestinian terrorists are doing unjustifiable things but Israel as a nation is torture, murder and oppression amongst them of whole cultural groups not to mention that Israel itself has a policy of segregation and a public who supports it, I don't think American's realize they are supporting an illegal occupation by people convicted of dozens of war crimes and most of whom are blatant racists who believe in the superiority of their race... or the inferiority of the Arab race.

1. jacharless profile image74
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Odd. The entire world, minus a very small few, recognize the State of Israel. Actually, many of its own enemies do. The only ones who do not are the Palestines. Regardless of what Israel does inside its own borders, Hamas nor any other group, has the right to daily launch rockets into civilian areas. And both Libya and Egypt {Brits, Americans too} need to stop feeding weapons to Hamas, then crying on Israels shoulder. Palestine is actually illegally occupying Gaza and much of the West Bank. The technical term is squatter. Israel conceded to give both areas to a "nomadic" {aka homeless} people called Palestinians, at a time when Israel was very much a socialist country. Like all other countries, including the States, they are trying to find a system that works.  Still, taunting a Lion with sticks {or daily rocket showers} is not the diplomatic approach and for what? They have the land on both sides. What more does Palestine want? Israel is not going away. It has survived the Mongols, Macedonians, Babylonians, Persians, Egyptians, Romans, Alexander, Napoleon, Hitler -even the Americans and we British. I think Israel has earned is right to exist, if nothing else then surviving thousands of invasions, wars, brutality against its people from a world over eons that thinks this place is "theirs", be it by force, jihad, crusade or any other motive. Israel is not inferior nor superior. That is what 99% of people do not understand about Israeli people. Ask any of them, and they'll tell you: "All we want is for the world to leave us the f*** alone. We have been at this for 4000 years. We can do it for another 4000. It's up to you. We are not going anywhere."

1. Josak profile image60

Yes Israel obviously exists, and I have no problem with it existing, at it's original borders as it stands it illegally stole the territory that is being attacked plus much much more and the UN has ruled as such, as soon as they conform to what was agreed to when the land was given to them the problems can end, it's entirely in the hands of Israel.

Also Israel did not survive those things, it ceased to exist and was then recreated by the British to have pre-set boundaries in territory.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
            wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am more then curious to understand and to know when it was that Israel ceased to exist.

1. Josak profile image60

Well Israel barely existed after the 8th century BC it was a colony of many different kingdoms like the Assyrians, the Babylonians, the Persians and the Greeks successor states. It ended finally as an independent nation with the conquest by Rome in about 60 BC and was not re-stablished for nearly 2000 years.

Hmmm.....

King Herod (also known as Herod the Great) was the king of Israel from 40 BCE to 4BCE. Herod was appointed by Rome and conquered the kingdom from the Hasmoneans. When Augustus became the Roman Caesar in the year 30 BCE, King Herod convinced him of his loyalty, and Augustus rewarded him by adding Jericho, the coastal region south of Dor and the region east of the Sea of Galilee. In 23 BC, he was given the Bashan, Horen, and Tarchon regions, and three years later, the Golan Heights.

From the 7th-11th Centuries, after the death of Emperor Julian II (in 363 CE) most of the Jewish settlements in the south were destroyed. The Jews remained mainly in the Galilee and in the larger cities.

That accounts for ancient times.

1. Josak profile image60

King Herod the great/mad depending on who you ask, was appointed "King of the Jews" by the Roman senate and was a client king, Israel was not an independent state. Afterwards Judea became a Roman province administered by a Roman governor. In fact what is now Israel was divided into two provinces Palestina Prima and Palestina Secunda.

I see you read Wikipedia. . smile  yes he was the 'client king", he killed many of his family and it is written he was a mad man. He was also a convert to Judaism.

Now lets get to the 'state' issue. Palestine has never been the name of a nation or state. A geographical term, used to designate the region at those times in history when there was no nation or state there. The word itself derives from "Peleshet", a name that appears frequently in the Bible and has come into English as "Philistine. The Philistines were not Arabs nor even Semites, they were most closely related to the Greeks. The name "Falastin" that Arabs today use for "Palestine" is not an Arabic name. It is the Arab pronunciation of the Greco-Roman "Palastina" which is derived from the Plesheth, (root palash) was a general term meaning rolling or migratory.
                    If you do some research you will come across this, before 1967 there were no "Palestinian".  Today to further the Iranian desire to wipe out Israel, Hamas is governing these people.
                    The use of the term "Palestinian" is a modern political creation that has been used since 1967 for an Arab ethnic group that were refugees in Jordan (google Transjordan), a whole other conversation as the lines we all known have been thru the muck of wars.

There is no language known as Palestinian,neither any Palestinian archaeological find nor coinage. there has never been any Palestinian culture distinct from that of all the Arabs in the area. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. "Palestinians" are Arabs indistinguishable from Arabs throughout the Middle East. The great majority of Arabs in greater Palestine and Israel share the same culture, language and religion. I think it is actually sad for the "Palastinians" of today. Pawns of the Arab world. Probably the most recognized "Palestinian" person was Yasser Arafat who he himself was born in Egypt.

All attempts to claim Arab sovereignty over Israel of today, should be seen with what the Arab true intention is. The destruction of Israel as a Jewish state and the only supporter of the Judeo-Christian Western civilization in the Middle East.

If you refer to the bible to legitimate its existence, sorry to disappoint you. The bible is not a historical document. Homer's Odysseus is more factual.

Nobody but the Jews all over the world recognizes them, so stop lying.
          I CAN'T BELIEVE THE BS YOU ARE FEEDING US. WHAT ARE YOU A REDNECK TO BE SO MISINFORMED? WHAT A BORE? DID I SPECIFY THAT I DON'T WANT UNEDUCATED PEOPLE TO ANSWER MY FORUMS! IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK? CAN'T PEOPLE WITH REASON HAVE A RATIONAL DISCUSSION BASED ON FACTS AND NOT FANTASIES?

Thanks for your unrealistic approach of the Palestinian problem. Why don't you go there and come back with real info?

11. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Nearly 25,000 rockets have been launched into Israel from Gaza, of which as of yesterday one reached Tel Aviv -something Hamas will be celebrating. Israel has and will continue to use extreme precision in its targets, just as it did with the offing of the Military Wing/Co-founder in his car. Note how the drone waited until the vehicle passed by civilians to strike the target. Immediately following, 200 rockets were launched -erratically- into Israel. Do the math> 1 exact: 200 wherever.

One should also note, the Iron Dome is so precise, it can choose which "letter" on the rocket to hit, knows in advance whether or not a rocket will hit civilian areas, and also knows when to launch an anti-missile {as the go 6 mllion shekels per anti-missile.

Even with nearly 500 air-strikes, the IDF has been extremely precise and cautious, limiting civilian casualties. something it seems Israel learned from 2008. Most casualties have come from Hamas hiding rockets/launchers in civilian areas, harming their own people.

I hope Israel defends itself to the fullest, no "proportionate" retaliation or "restraint". Find the rockets, the launchers, everything --and put the entire munitions stockpile out of commission. With no weapons, there is no fight -and no reason for a ground assault.

Sidebar: Gaza is just a little larger than Long Beach Island. Worse case scenario: sent in bulldozers, level the place, move the Shati Camp to the West Bank (or Egypt) and build a nice ocean front gated community...

Where did you get your facts? FOX?

FYI, all these facts are from the region directly, not from the biased liberal mass media.

You mean former Palestine.

Bravo!

12. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

Israel and some of the posters here show such a cold blooded and hateful attitude, in conjunction with overwhelming force against an oppressed people that America is getting sick of it. Israel backed apartheid in South Africa and wants apartheid in Gaza, but is too stupid to get the point.

Lebanon did it for me. Some of the nasty, cold blooded hate coming from pro Israel posters now is doing the rest. Sometimes, it's not the lesson that will get the point across. Sometimes a new teacher is needed. Lack of support from the American people might be that teacher.

Work for peace among all who live in Israel and Gaza. That peace existed long before Israel was taken over by Europeans who saw nothing wrong with dispossessing everyone just as they themselves were dispossessed.

We are ALL of our brother's and sister's keepers. Fight for peace for all.

13. knolyourself profile image60

Nothing is ever good enough for these psychopaths. That is how they mostly get their own way.

14. knolyourself profile image60

Really not that much to do with religion, race or anything else accept who owns the land in Palestine.

15. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

No doubt I will be excoriated for this, but who cares...

Here's a quote from somewhere I read long ago.

If Hamas laid down their arms, there would be no war.
    If Israel laid down their arms, there would be no Israel.

+++++++++

And obviously, you follow like the good sheep of Panurge that you are!

You're not worthy of interest!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4011108_f520.jpg
        Am too!

Here are the people who are trying to misinform us! As I said it, don't waste our time and pick a subject that you know if ever you know one!

3. ReuVera profile image82

“The truth is that if Israel were to put down its arms there would be no more Israel. If the Arabs were to put down their arms there would be no more war.”

- Benjamin Netanyahu, 2006

Netanyahu is your reference? A fascist. You and I are at the antipodes.

Amen to that. Thanks G-d that he made me like me, not like you.

Hadn't my mother been proud of her country, hadn't she praised freedom and human rights, hadn't she privileged news versus entertainment on tv, I wouldn't be who I am, a critical thinker. Contrary to some people with religious belief, I happen to be more humane.

16. paradigmsearch profile image61

I like you...
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6442066_f520.jpg
    So I thought I would give you this image. I know you will find extensive use for it. big_smile

Max and Josak
      This is the end all of this discussion.

In Zephaniah 2:4-15 The Lord talks about Gaza and other cities being emptied and destroyed.  Then the land will return to a remnant of Judah.
      End of discussion:

Gaza will be abandoned
          and Ashkelon left in ruins.
      At midday Ashdod will be emptied
          and Ekron uprooted.
      5 Woe to you who live by the sea,
          you Kerethite people;
      the word of the Lord is against you,
          Canaan, land of the Philistines.
      He says, “I will destroy you,
          and none will be left.
      6 The land by the sea will become pastures
          having wells for shepherds
          and pens for flocks.
      7 That land will belong
          to the remnant of the people of Judah;
          there they will find pasture.
      In the evening they will lie down
          in the houses of Ashkelon.
      The Lord their God will care for them;
          he will restore their fortunes.

the lord doesn't exist.

1. Barefootfae profile image60

Boy is He going to be surprised to find that out!

17. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 11 years ago

The Palestinians have always been the ones who could have ended/prevented hostilities. They are the ones who wouldn't agree to finally having their own state. They were the ones who declared their intention to kill all Israelis time and time again. They are the ones who are bombing and supporting the bombings of Israel. They are the ones who have walked away from peace talks time and time again.

Whether or not you agree with the decision to give Israel land in the first place, they weren't the ones who constantly have started conflict.

Hamas has been recklessly attacking civilians for years. Israel responds with tactical, accurate attacks on threats, and suddenly they are the bad guys.

JaxsonRaine sometimes when I see that you have posted, I prepare myself, but today I must say I am extremely impressed by your words.

18. ReuVera profile image82
    ReuVeraposted 11 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7379751_f248.jpg

19. ReuVera profile image82

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7379753_f248.jpg

20. ReuVera profile image82

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7379757_f248.jpg

21. ReuVera profile image82

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7379769_f248.jpg

Jews learnt nothing from their history. They are building ghettos like in Varsaw to imprison the Palestinians. They are using propaganda like their master Goebbels to communicate their hatred towards Palestinians. But we, westerners are not gullible. I see who has sophisticated weapons, and I saw the airstrike on a car supposedly sheltering a dangerous leader. I saw who lived in comfort and who are suffering.

1. phion profile image60

You sound like a puppet for the extremist propaganda machine. Is it a coincidence that the hatred and lies like these-  http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1965.htm  are far more prevalent than anything coming from the leaders of the Jews?
        Are you related to anyone in this hate video?
        All suffer, all struggle, and all must face their own decisions eventually.

Puppets don't have their own opinion. I can see with my own eyes that the zionists are the problems. The only mediterranean part of former Palestine in common with its neighborhood is Akko and Gaza, the rest is a reduced model of the American society. With the zionist invasion, it lost its identity.

22. ReuVera profile image82

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7379776_f248.jpg

1. phion profile image60

ReuVera~
      A little truth is always nice. These people train their children to die for causes, instead of live for them. Sad.

It reminds me of Netanyahu's idiotic drawing of a bomb to make his point. Childish. Sorry, I am an adult.

1. phion profile image60

short quip...ok. Did you have a chance to watch the video I found of your supporters yet? An adult wouldn’t set out to be as divisive as you. Like all good extremists, your goal is to incite by way of anger. You have, in the past, rubbed me the wrong way, but that was a different day and time.
          Do you even have any credibility to be speaking about any of this? What have you done for the cause? Keyboard sword words... talk is cheap, and you have plenty of it. I wonder what a little remote viewing of your confines would show?  I hope you can give me something, because all signs and intel point to you being a big mouth with little to back it up…besides the 5th amendment hatters on hubpages..they tend to help you out from time to time.
          I hope you don’t plan on sitting on the sidelines as your beloved and innocent people are slaughtered. Shoot, you probably even live in America.

Do you really think that I am going to waste my precious time looking at your propagandist video? And meanwhile children will be the victims of the zionists' hatred and inhumanity? You got me wrong. Teach me something factual and I will listen.

23. knolyourself profile image60

"More than a decade later, Israel is demonstrating exactly how it intends to deal with the Palestinians of East Jerusalem. The strategy has a number of fronts: dispossess Palestinians through the creation of national “heritage parks” that lay claim to land through archaeological speculation; deprive Palestinian areas of necessary municipality services; and deny almost every building permit required for natural Palestinian growth in the city. In short, take as much land as possible while making Palestinians’ lives as difficult as possible."

from where do you get your information, try backing it up with some facts if you want anyone to take you serious.

It's not as if what you wrote was backed up with facts. If you are really interested on the matter, you can find the info.

24. knolyourself profile image60

I take nothing seriously - life is too short. What you do is up to you.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Day

Thanks for not backing up my comment. I didnt expect much more then a link to wikipedia.

I recall that you did not answer my question as for where were the jews when the crusades started. The ony two forces fighting for the land were christian and muslim. And you want people to take you seriously. I don't and so should they!

first of, maybe the reason that she doesn't respond to you is because she ignores any and everything you say? I would do exactly the same to a biased and uneducated person like you. Actually, exactly like she, I'd have a hope for a person and his mind and will make an effort of an intelligent dialogue... but once  a person shows what a zero he is, I would bypass him....  I presume she is doing the same....

second of, just for your  information, if you are interested to get some real information, Jews lived in the Holy Land way long before Crusaders, way long before Christians, way long before Muslims....  there are enough of historical and most important, archaeological proves to this fact. Crusaders were killing Jews (burning them alive in the synagogues in Jerusalem, for example) the same as they were slaughtering other infidels..... But I am not going to waste neither time, nor my teaching on you. You have your own agenda and you can keep your flag high.

Though.... one more thing:  I think that in one of your previous lives you might have been a Crusader..... in another you might have been a Nazi soldier.....   But wait.... in your future reincarnation you can be a Jew.....

She so-calledly refer to history. There is a fact where were the Jews while Godefroi de Bouillon and Saladin fought for Palestine. She can't answer because by answering she will reveal their lies as for their belonging to Palestine.
            Then I guess our historical source diverges drastically, because in mine, Palestinians lived there whereas jews passed by (like in your bible as it is used as a historical by most believers like you).
            As for history, you have nothing to teach me.
            A nazi, the jews are the nazis now. A crusader, I don't think so, I don't salivate on anybody's properties or wealth like our US.

1. phion profile image60

.The Jews were probably exercising better judgment than to get involved in the larger pointless blood lettings of the time. They had lived in the region for centuries, and probably saw fit to let the two religious zealot new combers go at it. Broaden your narrow box of thought. Let me guess you think they could care less about the region, hence didn’t take part in the specific time frame of battles you refer to?
              You really seem to have your facts confused, but that’s to be expected with a sympathizer. The Jews were scattered at the time, but did in fact fought with the Muslims against the crusaders.

You see tha's what I thought, you can't take refuge behind pseudo-knowledge. Answer my question, don't use circumvolutions. And you want to give me lessons in history!

25. knolyourself profile image60

So what do you want the authority of God?

26. k12rswow profile image61
    k12rswowposted 11 years ago

Let's get the facts straight, in the crusades, it was the Catholics and Muslims.  Catholics are not Christians.  (Technically)

the same for me. They believed in christ.

Ironically, it all started with the descendants of  Isaac and Abraham, then the Jews and Muslims, Shia and Sunni, then the Catholic church, then the protestant revolution. We're so creative in how we find ways to start wars and kill each other.  I just hope the Scientologists don't end up with all the toys.

27. k12rswow profile image61
    k12rswowposted 11 years ago

Careful max:

Genesis 12:

Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father’s house, to the land which I will show you; And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing; And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed”

You don't want to be cursed by God.  If your a Muslim, you guys think Abraham is ok.  Don't push it.

OUUUUHH. Scary the wrath of god will fall upon me!

You know, if you pick on someone and they shoot at you, you do not have the right to kill everyone in your neighborhood. Israel violated the peace accord and Hamas struck back in the first place. Why the lying about it?

When someone steals my land, I refer to the concerned authorities. When the concerned authorities ignore me. I take justice into my hands. The action of hamas is justified by the ignorance of the UN upon all the violations perpetrated by former Palestine. What is their last recourse? The defense of their territory? Did former Palestine give them any choices? No. They assassinated their leader with uranium. They increased their colonization, they built a wall, they created blockades, they are bombing civilians everyday... And they just declared war on a famished and terrorized stretch of land, Gaza. If you don't see the injustice, you all, negationists, are blind and biased.

28. crazyhorsesghost profile image72
    crazyhorsesghostposted 11 years ago

I see all the posts that Israel killed this person or that and I think about the atrocities I witnessed in Israel while I was there.

People can scream Israel did this or that and you know what. Much has been done to Israel to. But they are supposed to set quietly by and allow their citizens to be killed.

Check out that link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pa … de_attacks

I was there in the eighties when the Palestinians were carrying out the bus bombings. I saw what was done. If this was done in the USA we would stop it and so should Israel.

Israel should never negotiate with terrorists ever. No country should. Hamas is a terrorist organization and should be outlawed and wiped from the face of the earth.

How anyone could support Hamas is beyond me. I personally think Israel should run all Palestinians out of the area. There were no Palestinians before the six door war. This is a historical fact. 

See the below link

http://www.imninalu.net/myths-pals.htm

Israel and the US both have a right to exist. Muslim extremists do not have a right to exist. I was so glad to hear President Obama say that Iran would not be allowed to have a nuclear weapon.

If the US or Israel are attacked they should retaliate with extreme force and no they should not build anything back.

Hamas has always hid behind women and children. This is the act of cowards.

29. crazyhorsesghost profile image72

"There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of one percent of the landmass. But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today... No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough".

- Joseph Farah, "Myths of the Middle East" -

Let us hear what other Arabs have said:

"There is no such country as Palestine. 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented. There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria. 'Palestine' is alien to us. It is the Zionists who introduced it".

- Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, Syrian Arab leader to British Peel Commission, 1937 -

"There is no such thing as Palestine in history, absolutely not".

- Professor Philip Hitti, Arab historian, 1946 -

"It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but Southern Syria".

- Representant of Saudi Arabia at the United Nations, 1956 -

Concerning the Holy Land, the chairman of the Syrian Delegation at the Paris Peace Conference in February 1919 stated:

"The only Arab domination since the Conquest in 635 c.e. hardly lasted, as such, 22 years".

30. crazyhorsesghost profile image72

So how could anyone support any action against Israel. It is very clear they are the people who are being wronged here.

What would you do if you were captive in your country, unable to travel abroad, deprived of basic provisions (food, medicine, building materials) by a blockade?  I do not support Hamas but I can't imagine any group of people acquiescing to an extended siege without trying to strike back.

It is exactly what is happening paraglider. hamas seems to be the only power that the Palestinians can count on.

No. They are  the "chosen ones", I forgot! Thanks for reminding me. And what are we? Or you?

1. phion profile image60

Max~
        We are all chosen ones. Only fools try to say that they are more worthy of our creator. You and I are the two ends of the spectrum that must come together, in order to have true peace. I know we can find common ground, even if we are yet to find it. Let’s hope that the Muslims and Jews can do the same, for all our sakes.

It is every citizen's right to be sovereign, to live peacefully in one's country without the fear of being invaded, robbed, attacked, killed... Two countries so far elected this modus operandi to extend their field of action. And those two are the US and former Palestine.

1. phion profile image60

It is indeed every citizens right to do whatever they want. You say that the US and “former Palestine”( because you refuse to recognize Israel’s rights as a sovereign nation) to do as they see fit for survival. What are a sovereign nation’s rights?  You still never answered my last question.
            The US by way of Obama, wants nothing to do with what is going on over there, and wishes it would all just go away. After all he has plenty to worry about here in America. Falsely low unemployment numbers, hundreds of thousands of layoff’s over the next few years, another housing market crisis among DOD personnel, stagflation setting in, and a trove of other issues are facing Obama here at home.
            I pose another question, in hopes of a possible answer…Who started the outbreak of renewed conflict? Was it the militants from Gaza, or the Iranians threatening annihilation with nukes?

1. phion profile image60

Opps I forgot...the Radical Zionists that are supposedly responsible for all that is wrong in the Muslim world.

Firstly, there's a difference between a threat and an attack. Secondly, do you speak farsi to assert that it is word for word what he said if he said so? Thirdly, how many times did former Palestine respected the many agreements passed with violated Palestine and the many resolutions established by the UN?
                Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Egypt... are fine with former Palestine. They are all muslim. In what way  your allegation is founded?There's a difference between a theocratic state and a secular state with a dominant religion. All those puppets sign contracts with former Palestine. But as soon as a muslim country has economical ambitions for its territory and claims its sovereignty, the US and former Palestine are here to bark at them to scare them. Everybody knows that their tactic aims at demonizing resisting secular countries to drag westerners in their quest for natural resources or for geographic hegemony.

1. phion profile image60

I do speak some farsi, but I'm more comfortable with dari or pastun. I’m not sure as to whom you say I ascertained anything from. Are you talking about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? Do you assume for me to spend much time looking for the answers that you seek? They are for you to find, I am merely a messenger. I just wish you would look at all facts, instead of just those fed to you through the generations.
                  My brother, I don't aim to incite more of the same. Insha’Allah, there will be peace and prosperity for all children of god. Hegemonic nations have nothing to do with this. The evils of time have seen fit to boil up yet again. If you are a student of time, then you see these current events for what they really are. The US and Israel have little to do with the state of decay throughout the counties now in strife. The atrocities that have gone on in the Muslim world have been carried out by Muslims. Yes there have been failed policies and moves made by America, but the final blame can’t be pushed to America much longer. The rulers of Muslim nations have chosen to suppress their people for far too long, and they hope to blame all their troubles on one little nation the size of a needle in a haystack for it all. The world sees the truth behind the hate that the extremists are cultivating, and we see clearly that its roots are within. Good luck with the continued false placement of hatred. Like I said, even if the Jews and Christians were all converted to Islam in the Middle East, there would still be strife.

I always wondered why people don't judge a country through its behavior versus rumors. How often did Iran declare war, invade a country? What about former Palestine? Too many.
                    The only propaganda I was fed was the jews suffered more than anyone in the world, then I realized through history and through the news that they suffered among others. But now who are suffering? Palestinians. WW2 ended in 1945. I understand that they have to remember those years, but don't force it upon us. Hollywood always reminds us of the nazis, to be honest, I don't give a damn.
                    How can you say that the US and former Palestine aren't the triggers of the mayhem in the middle east? Your analysis and comprehension of the past and current events are faulted.
                    My intolerance towards former Palestine grew as their abuses increased.

Since their oppression exerted on the Palestinian people I refuse to acknowledge their existence. Do you really think that the US isn't involved? Do you really think that former Palestine will do any move without the consent of the US? After the US gives them $3bn yearly. Don't you think that those billions would help Americans that are experiencing predicaments or that are living in dire conditions?

Some food for thinking brains:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGYxLWUKwWo

perfect video but you assume much when you call up thinking brains though there are many here. I afraid the one that needs to understand will throw some wikipedia prop at you.

Food for empty brains. Mine is full enough. Wavegirl needs it.

oh I am sure it is full enough... of garbage.... so full the lid does not fit....

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image72
            crazyhorsesghostposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In no modern times has there been a country called Palestine. It was invented by the Arabs after the six day war. The war in which Israel won against over whelming numbers.

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image72

And I agree also. Hamas should be wiped from the earth.

As well as zionists! Both are extremists aren't they?

For the uneducated that you symbolize, it's true.

31. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 11 years ago

It's been happening for years. Israel's publicity machine is very skilled in representing the Gaza resistance in the worst possible light, but take no responsibility at all for their own actions in maintaining the siege.

I was going to say something along those lines earlier. It appears that Israel has all the rights without any responsibilities, yet Gaza only has responsibilities and no rights whatsoever.

Among their protestations is always the assertion that Hamas operate from civilian areas - the human shield effect. Let's just suppose Hamas were to set up a barrack and locate all their people and weapons in one place well away from the city (hard to find in Gaza, of course). And from this centre, continue to launch rockets across the border.
        What would be Israel's next move??
        During the second World War, le Maquis, the French resistance, also operated from civilian areas. There is no other way open to them.

32. maxoxam41 profile image64

And where is the UN when it comes to safeguard peace? It did not make any waves in Syria, nor in Lebanon. Sudan, it didn't care. Is it fair than a notorious aggressor has a constant green light in its actions and maneuvers. When an organization like the UN is tainted (it is predominantly US), what is the recourse of a country like Palestine that is aggressed by a military superpower? None but death.
    When most of the hubbers of hubpages are female, when probably most of them have children, when most of them hub on pie recipes or the best way to decorate a house, or the best place to vist in the world, the fate of children dying in another part of the world inspire nothing else but indifference. Hollie, thank you, for being a woman and not an ersatz of Margaret Thatcher!

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73

So now you say that females who write pie recipes are indifferent to the fate of children dying in another part of the world.

Can you cite a source for that information besides Wikipedia?

My opinion on the UN did not interest you but the trivial matter such why women on hubpages don't feel concerned when children are sacrificed did? Or is it that you are provoking me. If it is a provacation, it has to be smart for me to react. If you are aiming to aim I'm not the right target for you.

That doesn't sound like a trivial matter to me, saying that females who write pie recipes are indifferent to the fate of children dying in another part of the world. I'm glad I didn't say it.

But let me ask you, what is the difference between females writing pie recipes and a female like Hollie Thomas writing a hub entitled "Stuffed Butternut Squash Recipe and Easy Butternut Squash Casserole" could you please enlighten me? I mean, in terms of a female who writes recipes being indifferent to the fate of children dying in another part of the world.

And please don't copy and paste from from Wikipedia in your reply.

Their opinion makes the difference. If they can write on trivial subjects like pies, they can express their outrage too. It only shows their limitation. They put their passion in food and obliterate basic human rights. Yes, what kind of women are they? More men answered on a subject where women should feel more concerned since they give birth. But total silence. I guess this kind of women are better behind an apron and a stove.
            My brother in law congratuled Obama for his reelection. When I told him that he was droning kids in north Pakistan, he agreed with Obama's policy. When I pointed out the fact that it could have been my nephews and nieces, he shut his mouth.

1. phion profile image60

You and your seeping propaganda are nothing but a paper tigers... all talk no actual experience, truth, wisdom, or skills. What if my cousin got bombed…Paaalease you sound pitiful. We all know you have not, are not, and will not suffer with those in the Middle East. If I’m totally off in this assumption, Ill be the first to apologize. If you think suffering is “those could be my cousins getting bombed”, then you are a young soul that can’t grasp reality. I don’t intend to compare scars, but your arrogance has become a pet peeve of mine to point out, so henceforth I hope you think of me when you type your usual hateful bigoted and frivolous comments.
              Obama wasn’t just droning little kids in Paki…He was droning terrorists and anyone around them. ~~I’d like to have a conversation on this sometime, because I think it may be one of those areas that we find some common ground.
              Cheers to Guy

I saw enough pictures of dead kids in Palestine, Syria... to be compassionate and outraged. I hate injustice. If you are at ease with governments sacrifying people, civilians, children, I am not and never will. Contrary to most of people I don't negate the horrors of military supremacy. I am not "blase" by violence. I did not reach the required level to be insensitive. I am ashamed of who we became, inhumane facing people's suffering.
                I don't give a dam which justification is given for Obama's actions, children and civilians died because of his intervention. It is easy to hide behind a justified terror. Is it the change that he promised us? A change in the continuity. Neither America, nor former Palestine are in danger. It is propaganda to reinforce their geopolitical positions. Since Sept 11, I fear most my governement than Iran.

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73

So max, what about males who write pie recipe hubs? Are they also indifferent to the fate of children dying in another part of the world?

Reason I ask is because I was considering writing a hub entitled “How to Make Crow Pie.” Seriously. I made a bet with a HP staffer and the loser was to write a hub about eating crow. I won the bet but the HP staffer vanished from the HP scene and never wrote the hub. In anticipation of possibly losing the bet I formulated the hub in my mind.

If I do the hub and make some crow pie, I’ll save you a piece because nobody should be eating crow more than you.

Aren't you impressed by the mask? You are supposed to be.

Very impressed. The mask is constructed such that he can readily talk out of both sides of his mouth, and he takes full advantage of same.

Lucky for you you don't have any pie recipe hubs so you won't be called on the carpet for being indifferent to the fate of children dying in another part of the world.

Talking about masks, yours seems to invite us to throw at you a nice creamy lemon pie, since I have the choice and you seem to like them! What the hell (how a commoner like you will interject)! Why not after all!

All the indicators show us that all the hubs you will be writing on that subject will be quickly featured contrary to most subjects we've been used from you. Go for it man, I will be your number one fan.

Thanks for the offer (cough) but I'd prefer wavegirl22 over you as my number one fan. For obvious reasons. It's like choosing between hot cherry pie and fresh cow pie.

Yeah, I think maybe I'll stick to football hubs. If I do a pie recipe hub, you might accuse me of being indifferent to the fate of children dying in another part of the world. How do you know I'm not really a female? I did write a hub about prom dresses.

That's what I mean men/women writing pie recipes or prom dresses giving me lessons and telling me that they would prefer wavegirl, not for her tolerance but for her physics (from afar), have for me nothing to say. You are the living proof. Maybe you should adopt her level of intolerance and stick to her forums. Like that, sharing a darjeeling tea with wavegirl, you will chat on your new recipes related hubs. Very enticing.

2. wavegirl22 profile image48

funny you should say cherry pie.. I was thinking that just in time for Thanksgiving I should publish a hub on cherry pie. . but I have decided to scrap that one and am thinking more in terms of Humble Pie. .there are quite a few people around here that sure could use a slice or 2 of it.

smile

Max, should I ever be compared to Margaret Thatcher, I would *surely* hang myself. *shudders*

Truth be told, I know there are women on HP who feel intimidated by the posters on these political forums. The subjects are emotive, politics and religion can bring out the worst in people, me included. That said, we shouldn't assume that those women who write about recipes are disinterested, for all we know they may be tweeting and active politically in their own way.

Most of my working life has been spent in male dominated professions (including a high security male prison) as a result, I'm gobby, opinionated and will not back away from discussions which tend to be dominated by men. But some women do it differently, and probably better.

Black and Gold, you're right, what hubs of mine still remain here tend to be recipe hubs. I rarely, (although sometimes) write about political issues. The reason, because other people do it so much better than I, so I follow those who are more skilled in that particular art. Although, I have to say, so far, I find your political commentary somewhat lacking. Perhaps some balance is the key?

If I were you I would try writing political hubs, your head is definitely over your shoulder. Your analytical skill is accurate.

Thank you.

33. Barefootfae profile image60
    Barefootfaeposted 11 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7386114_f248.jpg

34. ReuVera profile image82
    1. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They should go back to the 1920 borders, and kick Hamas back into Jordan.

Jordan is their country, yes! But they don't want them.

Unbelievable.

35. ReuVera profile image82
  36. wavegirl22 profile image48

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

It took you a long time to find this one. What is your reference? The same one who shows contempt to wikipedia references that she probably uses.

37. ReuVera profile image82

To those hypocrites and maxymorons who drool about "deaths of palestinians babies"- hamas takes pictures from internet of wounded Israeli baby or pictures of children killed in syria and publishes them as if it happened in gaza. Arab children happen to be in casualties because hamas puts them out.

And how about the fact that those Barbarians marry little girls? Can you imagine the sufferings of those children during their "honeymoon"?

And have you seen the footage of hamas dragging bodies of killed peole, cheering?

Hamas are animals, no, not right, animals would never act like this. They are barbarians, monsters and anyone who sides with them equals to them.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7389201_f248.jpg

<TOS violating photo snipped>

End of the story, nothing more to say.

1. Josak profile image60

So horribly uninformed and brainwashed...
      Firstly those are the bridesmaids not the brides that picture was presented as such as a hateful hoax which you are here perpetuating, essentially those are flower girls, no one is having sex with them.

When you use the term barbarian you are using an ancient racist term of a culture who believed they were superior to all others to the extent that all other languages sounded like bar-bar-bar bar that ignorance and arrogance towards different cultures is seen perfectly in your above hopelessly misinformed comment.

There is no excuse for falling for this rubbish when you have access to a simple google search which would show it to be just that.

Appalling Hamas TV after Tel Aviv bus bomb: "God Willing, We Will Soon See Black Body Bags"
        http://youtu.be/UH-IINhvQvI

Please tell me what you call this. Do you not find that vulgar?

The situation is horrific on all counts but to attack a bus that has people trying to get to work and children going to school?

Why not stand together and rid the area of groups like Hamas?

Wavegirl, I think it's all appalling, whether the deaths are Israeli or Palestinian, but I don't think it's as simple as getting rid of a political party. Hamas was democratically elected by the people, people who are oppressed will, and always do, turn to more militant factions- Take the ANC for  example, when peaceful demands failed, they resorted to terrorist attacks, Nelson Mandela, for example, was also labeled a terrorist.

There's no getting away from the fact that Israel have annexed land that they have occupied, they, just like Hamas, have committed war crimes. Israel have also breached international law. When the Palestinians do go through the correct channels for self determination they are blocked. This is bound to stir tensions and resentment- if the right way gets them nowhere, they will adopt terrorist tactics, this will always be the case. Surely what is needed is a proper, unbiased evaluation of the situation. Israel can't justify allowing settlers to seize land that is not theirs. That could be a start and a concession that I'm sure would go down well with all concerned.

Exactly Hollie!

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73

I think you would make a wonderful Secretary of State.

Why not marrying her too? Wavegirl, it is your moment!
            Secretary of defense will fit perfectly.

I had a dream last night that wavegirl was a CIA operative and she was interrogating a terrorist who looked a lot like you. The terrorist who looked a lot like you kept responding to her inquiries in this really high-pitched voice.

Was the terrorist also wearing an anonymous mask?

Yes, he was wearing an anonymous mask. But wavegirl ripped it off and then she screamed. I thought the person being interrogated was supposed to do the screaming.

Hey, maybe I'll write a hub about this. Max doesn't like my focus on cheerleaders.

+1 and then some smile

Said wavegirl's toy. And how do I look like? asked the free man.

You look hungry.

Hey, check out this pie recipe:

http://edgararkham.hubpages.com/hub/Hom … Pie-Recipe

Note that it was written by some dude named Edgar. I know how concerned you are about females who write pie recipes being indifferent to the fate of children dying in another part of the world.

Weren't you the one who initiated to hub about pies? Why don't you? For once, I would inclined to read it and see how good of a writer you are! Or are you only inspired by cheer leaders? You have a big mouth. Do you have any thought of yours beside the ones wavergirl instills you about the subject?

Bravo, so it didn't take you long to detect an incorrect caption which I put on purpose to see it anyone would get it (though it is still disputed whether the girls were flower girls or real brides, since there were no pictures of brides whatsoever and some say that the tradition is not THAT strict that it does not allow to picture them)

Anyway, why you do not use "a simple google search" to find out that pictures posted by Arabs are lies???? They take pictures of murdered kids in Syria, or pictures of a baby wounded in Israel from Arabs rockets, or a picture of victims killed in Jerusalem Cafe from suicide bombing and they post those pictures on their facebook pages or tweeting them as pictures of "Palestinian" children killed by "cruel Jews"..... How sick is this? And very little people are really interested to know the truth!

Hubpages snipped a picture I posted where Arabs drag the bodies of killed by them "Israel supporters", though the same picture was posted by a New York journal. And you are outraged that I called those Arabs Barbarians????? Then who are they if they kill and abuse the bodies of murdered, when they lynch, when they teach their children martyrdom in kindergartens????

I would answer you earlier, but Hubpages banned me from this forums for 2 days... maybe because of my telling the sour truth or because some whiner reported me....

Not a big loss for me..... I am going to quit Hubpages any way and working right now on removing all my hubs from here to another blog.....

38. paradigmsearch profile image61

Listen, children, to a story...

Once upon a time, the Brits decided to get rid of all the jews that suffered from WW2 who understood that if another Hitler had to come alive they would all be decimated. In their search for survival, they needed a land. Two countries were underpopulated at that moment Palestine and Argentina. Zionists picked Palestine for religious reasons. Since then, Palestine shrinked and is still suffering, the airstrikes it experienced speak for themselves.

39. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

I have  *exactly* the right link here. Written by a historian, objectively, and without bias which includes primary evidence, and gives some historical context to the whole Israel/Palestine situation.

http://wizzley.com/the-balfour-declaration-1917/

Indeed. It says it all. Thank you for the documented corroboration.

You're very welcome. I always find that this particular author writes without bias or emotion. And believe me, she knows her stuff!

40. wavegirl22 profile image48

wise men speak because they have something to say,
    fools because they have to say something.

41. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 11 years ago

It strikes me that there's a lack of symmetry in the American foreign policy establishment's positions on the Middle East. For example, it's okay for Israel to have a huge stockpile of nuclear weapons and an "iron shield" supplied by the United States but it's unacceptable for Iran to develop a nuclear weapons capability. And it's okay for Israel to impose an arms embargo on Palestine while the U.S. supplies Israel with an array of the latest weapons. Am I missing something?

1. profile image0

I think you are missing something, Ralph. Israel is our ally. Iran regularly threatens to wipe of off the map. Israel's arms embargo against Palestine came after the Pals elected a known terrorist faction to lead them. And after the Pals refused to accept numerous two-state solutions. While Israel got the best of this last round of war - the Pals regularly lob rockets into Israel. When the Pals quit attacking Israel and start taking responsibility for their own lives - it might change.

First off, Howard, it has never been confirmed that Ahmadinejad actually threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the map. That version of his speech has been contested strongly by scholars and linguists alike, who state that that is not what Ahmadinejad said. Yet, this inaccurate translation is repeated all the time as if it is fact.

How exactly, can the Palestinians take responsibility for their own lives, when they have no rights whatsoever? They are impoverished, cannot control their own wealth, agriculture, water and at the rate that Israel is annexing land which was not given to them by the UN, can't even be certain that they'll still be living in their own homes in a years time.

They are bullied and harassed by settlers while Israeli soldiers look on. They attempt to go through the correct channels for sovereign statehood and get blocked every time. Yet, when anyone brings these points to the fore they are told that hate Israel, or that they are anti-Jewish.

Tell me Howard, did you also argue the case FOR apartheid in South Africa, too?

Nothing else to say. You made your case!

2. profile image0

Hollie,  that one quote of Ahmadinejad’s aside, Iran’s leaders regularly take the point of view that Israel ought not exist. There are dozens of quotes, not just that one of Ahmadinejad’s.

The Pals have turned down statehood since the inception of the Balfour declaration –because to accept it meant they must also accept Israel as a state. They could have been their own state long before now.

Israel actually gave back gazan land to the Pals, who then elected a terrorist group to rule them, which resulted in an arms embargo. But the Rafah crossing has been open since Mubarak fell, so there is a route into and out of Gaza, unrelated to the blockade. So, yes, the most certainly can take responsibility for their own lives at this point.

In this last skirmish, which started with Gazans firing rockets into southern Israel, the rockets were found to be Iranian-made. Interesting, huh?

You will note that it is never acknowledged that the Gazans  fired first. Not here and not in our news media.

1. profile image0

Not sure why you think that, Barefoot, but it's been widely acknowledged
              that Hamas in Gaza started the latest fight.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internationa … ct/265374/

Howard, I'm not suggesting for one moment that there are not elements who believe that Israel should not exist, not at all. What I am saying is that if we're using quotations and then putting them into the mouths of others, we need to be absolutely certain that they are factually accurate. It is a false dichotomy to state that Iran want to wipe Israel from the map, it would also be a false dichotomy for me to say linguists disagree, therefore, Iran have never made that statement. Let's discuss that which we KNOW to be accurate. You also state all Iranian leaders have made such comments, but do not qualify your comments with a source, when you do, I'll comment on that.

The Balfour Treaty also came with conditions, one of which was that the non Jewish occupants would not be discriminated against culturally ,religiously and that their civil rights should be maintained.

His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

Enlighten me, Howard, how did that pan out for the Palestinians? Were they allowed to remain in their homes, in fact, in their homeland? Were they still able to enjoy their civil rights? What about those that were shipped off to Syria, what happened to their civil rights? Do they now have passports, citizenship, right of return???

Personally, and these are my personal feelings, I can well understand why European Jews would want a homeland, a place where they could feel safe and free from persecution, but the Palestinians paid a heavy price for this. Why could Jews not just have lived there, and enjoyed a freedom from persecution without having to oppress a people that had not persecuted them in the first place??

My grandparents did, they found a home where they could assimilate and be accepted, without persecution (although at times they were discriminated against, as were my Irish Catholic descendants) I say this not as someone who hates Jews or Israel, but as someone descended from Jews. And, if the Israeli Government truly want peace, why are they arguing against Palestinian statehood and oppose the UN giving the same. I mean, if they truly want peace, where are they unwilling to support an action which you say previously they would have supported?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Of course Israel is our ally. I fully support Israel's security as an independent state. But the U.S. pays a high price for supporting the brutal policies of Netanyahu and his henchmen toward Palestine and Gaza. I make no apologies for the crazies in Palestine who are lobbing missiles (which are not very effective) into Israel.

1. profile image0

Now that the Rafah crossing is open, more effective rockets are making their way into Gaza. Israel's Iron Dome defense stopped a good number of them and a new defense shield is being launched now, but the Iranian rockets can reach Tel Aviv.

The "iron dome" stopped 80-some percent of the rockets, as I recall. We haven't been reading about many Israeli casualties.

The operation, called Pillar of Defense, had two main goals: cripple terror organizations in the Gaza Strip and defend Israelis living under fire.

During the eight days of the operation — and in the weeks leading up to it — life was unbearable for more than 3.5 million Israelis. From November 14 to November 21, Palestinian terrorist groups fired more than 1,506 rockets at Israel.

Of those 1,506 rockets fired from Gaza, more than 800 rockets struck Israel, damaging homes, schools and other civilian areas. Some of rockets reached the Tel Aviv and Jerusalem areas.

The Iron Dome intercepted over 421 rockets fired from Gaza.
              Of the 1506 rockets launched at Israel during Pillar Of Defense thanks to the Iron Dome, only 7% fell in urban areas, 152 crashed back into Gaza.

Despite the IDF’s best efforts to protect everyone in Israel, five Israeli civilians were killed due to rocket fire, while an additional 240 Israeli civilians were injured. In addition, Cpl. Yosef Fartuk, 18, from Emmanuel, was killed on November 20 by a rocket fired from Gaza into Israel.

This isn’t Israel’s first time dealing with aggression from Gaza. In fact, over the last 12 years, more than 12,000 rockets have been fired from Gaza, terrorizing the lives of over a million Israelis in the south. People are already used to having less than 15 seconds to run to the nearest bomb shelter every time a rocket falls.

Hamas uses civilian buildings in Gaza for military purposes. In order to hide its weapons and protect its operatives, Hamas uses homes, schools, mosques and hospitals as weapons caches and hiding spots for its fighters.

Indeed, many Palestinian neighborhoods are dotted with weapons storage facilities, booby-trapped houses and rocket launching sites. Hamas has a long history of using this “human shield” method.  Hamas couldn't care less about their own civilians.

As soon as private property is used for military purposes, it becomes a legitimate target, and the IDF has the right to target it. The law in this matter states:

[...] military objectives are limited to those objects which by their nature, location, purpose or use make an effective contribution to military action and whose total or partial destruction, capture or neutralization, in the circumstances ruling at the time, offers a definite military advantage.”

Geneva Convention (Protocol 1), Article 52

Thanks! Nothing like a few facts.

42. knolyourself profile image60

It's called the two-state exclusion.

43. knolyourself profile image60

Israel is not a US ally. Israel is an Israeli ally. A case can be made that Israel has and is trying to take over the US government, more so than what it already controls.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but Netanyahoo was practically an ex-officio of Bush's cabinet.

I agree with your statement. Former Palestine is self-centered.

44. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 11 years ago

Edward De Bona the lateral thinker was asked to find a solution to the middle East crisis. His suggestion was to get all the citizens to eat marmite. Apparently the middle East diet leaves a vitamin deficiency that makes people more warlike. Love it or hate it Marmite surprises.

Pure nonsense.

45. ReuVera profile image82

Recently, many people think that Palestine is the name of an Arab state which is under "Israeli occupation". This terrible mistake begins from an incorrect propaganda that the Arabs spread over the world about the history of Palestine and the real Palestinian people. The truth is that Palestine has always been a Brand throughout history belonged to the Jewish people.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    The story of the real Palestine begins in the year 136 AD, when Emperor Hadrian wanted to expel the Jews from the kingdom of Judea, and destroy Judaism. After the Bar-Kochba revolt, he sent his advisers to choose another name to the kingdom of Judea, a new name that will destroy the Judaism. The advisers had told him that many years ago there was a population called Philistines, those people tried to destroy the Jews but failed and died out many years ago. According to this, Emeror Hadrian decided to call the Kingdom of Judea "Province Syria Palestina".

During the subsequent periods, the name Palestina always belonged to the Jewish people who lived there. many nations have passed in this country and the name Palestina has changed to Palestine, but in Hebrew, the name Palestina remains the same.

When the Jewish people received the Mandate for Palestine in 1922 (the real name of the Mandate is 'Mandate La Palestina'), the League of Nations recognizes the right of the Jewish people to be sovereign in the country – Palestine (Israel).

After the State established, the Jewish people adopted the original name of the country – Israel, instead of the name Palestine. That's why the Arabs have decided to adopt the name Palestine themselves, and demand from the United Nations to recognize them as the sole owners of this name, to be able to demand ownership of the land of Israel by the international law. The Jewish people have ample proof that the brand Palestine was always a Jewish brand, while the Arabs have no evidence at all.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Written by Amit Moreno.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7402637_f248.jpg

Look who likes Israeli Grapes??  Gaza Arabs!!!!! On the box with grapes it is written in Hebrew "Metula"- town in Northern Israel where the grapes came from. Also, see,  that kid is eating an Israeli snack....They prefer Israeli food and clothes as the cotton from Egypt is not as good quality of that as Israeli cotton, as in T-Shirts, shirts etc.,

It's only Israeli cotton if it is gathered from the land which was given to the Israeli's by the UN. If it was not, then it is Palestinian cotton. If the food they are eating was produced in Israel as determined by the 67 borders, then it is Israeli food that they are eating, if it is not, then they are eating Palestinian food. But we only have your word for what belongs to Israel and what belongs to Palestine.

Do you understand yourself what you said? I can just laugh to that....  Gaza is a welfare region. They get billions of humanitarian financial aid and they spend the money for rockets, not for self-development. Even during the conflicts Israel keeps sending to Gaza trucks full of food and goods, they keep supplying the region with free electricity, etc. Why???? Are Arabs disabled???? NO! Why can't they work? They are too busy hating!

FYI, before UN gave anything to Jews, Jews actually were buying lands from Arabs, mostly from absentees, they were buying the worst lands and making from them blooming regions. Jews were actually buying their own lands back....

1. Josak profile image60

Do you hear yourself? Gaza does not develop because Israel will allow no building materials and often not even supplies into the Gaza strip making absolutely sure no progress can occur.

If you had a neighbor who wanted to kill you I can not see you letting people drive down your driveway and deliver items to them either.

What I can't get is

HAMAS (Islamic Resistance Movement); West Bank, Gaza Strip, Israel

Outgrowth of the Palestinian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood

Aims to replace Israel with Palestinian Islamic state using political and violent means

Large-scale suicide bombings and attacks against Israelis

They blew up many buses including women and children in the 1980's.

I was there and I saw it. Yes it made me mad as hell. And if they are not stopped it will happen right here in the USA.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7404988_f248.jpg

Sbarro pizza restaurant bombing in Jerusalem, in which 15 Israeli civilians were killed and 130 wounded.

Read all about it at the below link.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pa … de_attacks

Hamas is far from innocent. They are full of hate. As are all Muslim Extremists no matter what organization or country they are from.

The 1982 Great Synagogue of Rome attack, which was carried out by armed Palestinian militants at the entrance to the Great Synagogue of Rome, took place on 9 October 1982 at 11:55 A.M. A 2-year-old toddler, Stefano Gaj Taché, was killed in the attack, while 37 civilians were injured.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7405003_f248.jpg

Memorial to the victims of Palestinian terrorists attack against Italian Jews, on 9 October 1982 in Rome.

More Information At The Below Link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Great … ome_attack

THE PLO

Information At The Below Link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine_ … ganization

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7405010_f248.jpg

The Coastal Road massacre of 1978 was an attack involving the hijacking of a bus on Israel's Coastal Highway in which 38 Israeli civilians, including 13 children, were killed, and 71 were wounded

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastal_Road_massacre

The Six Day War

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7405027_f248.jpg

Israeli tanks advancing on the Golan Heights during the Six-Day War

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7405018_f248.jpg

Territory Held By Israel Before And After The Six Day War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Six_Day_War

Egypt
            Syria
            Jordan
            Arab Expeditionary Forces:
            Iraq
            Saudi Arabia
            Morocco
            Algeria
            Libya Libya
            Kuwait
            Tunisia
            Sudan Sudan

All of those countries tried to wipe Israel from the face of the earth and they failed. Israel is about the size of New Jersey. They are surrounded by all those countries that want to wipe them out.

If you hate Jewish People because they are Jewish People then I pray for you. For you are indeed a sad person. You need to deal with your hate. You need to make peace with yourself.

Where Were The Palestinian People Before The Six Day War

There were in fact no Palestinian People before the Six Day War. The Palestinian People is an Arab Invention to try to gain leverage to try to destroy Israel. Most came from Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Syria.

All of these Arab Countries wanted to destroy Israel.

I find no difference between Muslim Extremists from any country and no one else should either. These people want to wipe you from the earth if you are from Israel or the United States. That is their goal.

In recent years they have made many attacks in India, Israel, and the United States. These people hate you if you are not a Muslim Extremist. Watch CNN , or any other News Agency and you will see what they are doing.

9-11 Attack On America

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7405066_f248.jpg

Remember that bright blue September Morning on September 11 2001. I do. And yes it was Muslim Extremists who did the attack. Not some far fetched government conspiracy. It was young Arab men with box cutters who attacked the US that morning.

It was a well planned attack that worked but it must never be allowed to happen again.

They will attack the US again. They are planning it now. Anyone who believes they are not is foolish. A Muslim Extremist is one and the same no matter what country they are from.

The Evidence In This Post

I have provided links for anyone to check out this material that wants to. It is every bit true. Hamas wants to wipe Israel and the USA from the face of the earth. That is their goal.

Hamas is a coward. They hide behind women and children and then scream look at the bodies when things happen the way they already know it will. Don't be fooled by this. Their goal is to wipe Israel from the Earth. And you can believe they also are planning and will once again carry out attacks on America.

Never forget what they have done and continue to try to do. Above is the evidence. Judge for yourself who these people are and what their goals are.

I do know what I am talking about. Way back in 1960-x Israel offered to rebuild the complete system of sewage in Gaza region. For free.... just to stop littering the Mediterranean sea with sewage waters from Gaza. UN opposed this act of humanitarian help stating that it would be considered an invasion. Then Israel just sent to Gaza a complete sewage system to be assembled by Arabs themselves.... Well, what did Arabs do????? They used the pipes to build the rockets....
            In 2007, the Israeli secret service discovered that pipes earmarked for the sewage system in Gaza were being used to manufacture Kassam rockets and shoulder-launched missiles. Sewer piles have been used as weapons before too......

American's presidents were sending financial help to Gaza and all this humanitarian money (your tax-payers money) were used for military purposes.

No one prevents Gaza region from developing....

And what did former Palestine do with the $3 billion alloted be the US, buy weapons, finance the rise of muslim governments (like in Syria presently)?

Tell me Reu Vera, do the Palestinians receive more in aid from the US than the Israelis? And even if they do, what do the Israeli government spend their aid on? Surely, the Israeli's would never consider spending the money they receive on arms?? I'm obviously stupid and have not heard myself, so explain to me, will you please, why it's ok for the Israeli's to be armed to the teeth, but not the Palestinians??

And while your at it, can you also explain to me how it is that the Israeli's can ship in all this 'humanitarian aid' to the Gazans, and then at the same time prevent humanitarian groups from shipping in aid to the same??

Perhaps you should lobby the Israeli Governement for Palestinian statehood, because if what you're saying is correct, Israel will be a more prosperous nation when they no longer have to donate to the Palestinians and pay for Gazan electricity. Don't get it, why don't Israel want the Palestinians to request statehood at the UN?

And, if the Jews were already buying land and "turning it around" as you suggest, why did they even bother going to the UN and requesting a Jewish homeland- did they also want some freebies, too?

Israel spends this aid for new scientific/health researches and yes, also for new military developments that Israel is conducting together with American counterparts... have you ever heard about "Cobra"  joint Israeli-American defense exercises? The money America spends on Israel returns a hundredfold to USA. Israel needs the weapons for defending her land and her people.

Israel does not prevent real humanitarian help from entering Gaza region. Israel prevents weapons or supplies from which weapons can be made. This is a huge difference.

Yes, they are obliged to buy them since their arable lands are annexed, since their water supply is rationed if not cut off... And who used to slave on the land for the former Palestine's thieves?

46. knolyourself profile image60

So who owned the land you are sitting on five-hundred years ago, and why are you still there?

Straight to the target!

47. wavegirl22 profile image48

MOSAB HASSAN YOUSEF has written a book for anyone that wants to understand what needs to be done. If ever peace will come to this land much understanding and a whole lot of education is needed. Here a little about Yousefs book "Son Of Hamas"

'Sounding more like the frustrated resident of a southern Israeli city after suffering days of sirens and rocket strikes than the son of one of Hamas’s founders, Mosab Hassan Yousef told Israel’s Channel 2 News on Friday that taking down his father’s terror organization “is a necessity, not just for Israel, but for humanity.”

Speaking from a safe house in a secret US location 48 hours after a fragile ceasefire ended eight days of Israeli-Hamas conflict, the former terror operative turned Israeli informant said, “Let’s not forget that our enemy is a barbarian enemy and they are using women and children as a shield.”

“Hamas was born to destroy. Hamas does not know how to build,” he said. “I doubt they will be able to build a modern Palestinian state and hope their lies will be exposed to the Palestinian public.”

The son of Hamas founder Sheikh Hassan Yousef, Mosab Yousef broke ranks with Hamas in 1997 and began working for the Israeli domestic intelligence service Shin Bet. Ten years later, after helping Israel thwart dozens of terror attacks and arrest many members of his former movement, Yousef left for the United States where he sought political asylum and later converted to Christianity.

When asked in the TV interview who he thought had won the recent round of fighting, Yousef, 33, echoed the words of many an Israeli pundit, saying that only the days to come will tell. “What’s important is that there is a ceasefire right now and I think that we need to rethink and recalculate everything that happened.”

‘Hamas was born to destroy. Hamas does not know how to build. I doubt they will be able to build a modern Palestinian state and hope their lies will be exposed to the Palestinian public’
    Asked to weigh in on the strategic value of an Israeli ground operation versus the long range bombing that the air force carried out during the eight days of Operation Pillar of Defense, Yousef said, “Maybe this was not the perfect time for Israel to execute a ground operation, but this is an option that I am sure Israel will take into consideration in the future. It does not have to re-occupy the Gaza Strip, does not have to go into very populated areas, but I believe Israel can control the borders, where Hamas smuggles its weapons, anytime.”

Speaking as footage of air force jets pounding Hamas targets in Gaza, and of IDF soldiers preparing their tanks for a possible incursion, played in the background, Yousef said that “If Hamas continues to threaten the security of the state of Israel, I believe Israel has the ability and the capacity to control the borders and cut off the weapons supply.”

Yousef said he was not surprised to see Hamas had proved capable of firing at cites in the center of Israel, as it did on several occasions over the week, aiming for Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. “I think the Israeli intelligence knew about Hamas’s capacity. That was a test to see what Hamas has in storage, and today we know their ability more than any time in the past. I am sure this will allow us to prepare for what is beyond the horizon,” Yousef said.

“Among the poor, hungry and ignorant Palestinians, Hamas’s credit went up, but I am sure that at the end of the day Hamas cannot provide Palestinians with peace,” he added.

The solution, according to Yousef, is to educate Gazans about their real friends and foes. ”We need to expose the lies and educate the Palestinian public that Israel is not the enemy. Israel actualy helps the people of Gaza more than anybody else,” he said. “We need the average Palestinian to see this clearly.”

In a particularly poignant part of the interview, Yousef chose to use the camera to speak directly to his father, the man who publicly disowned him two years ago.

“I am sure that Hamas people, people like my father are listening to this interview. It is not courageous of them to hide behind children and launch missiles. Israel was out [of Gaza, having removed all its civilians and its military in the disengagement of 2005]. The battlefield was out of the populated areas. If they [Hamas members] had courage they could have come out of the Gaza Strip instead of hiding like rats,” he charged.

Mosab’s autobiographical book ‘Son of Hamas’ (photo credit: courtesy/Tyndale Publishers)

Yousef said he hasn’t communicated with his parents since they publicly disowned him after the publication of his book “Son of Hamas,” in which he recounts the tale of his cooperation with Israeli intelligence in 2010. “I consider today that I don’t have a family,” he said.

Addressing video footage of Hamas operatives dragging a body of a suspected collaborator with Israel through the streets of Gaza earlier this week, Yousef said: “Hamas thinks they can kill the will of people by intimidation. Most of those who are killed in the Gaza Strip for the suspicion of collaborating with Israel, have nothing to do with Israel.”

Asked if he ever desires to return to his West Bank hometown of Ramallah, Yousef chuckled, saying, “Everybody knows what the result would be. I am not interested in going to Ramallah as of now, but I hope at some point in the future there will be a new generation that prays for peace and co-existence. If this happens I would love to go back to Ramallah, at least to visit.”

Yousef concluded the English-language interview with a smile and by wishing viewers Shabbat Shalom, a good Sabbath, in Hebrew.'

All extremely one sided and does not even broach the topic of the apartheid policies of Israel. How can anyone lecture about humanity when they condone second class citizenry and then state that murder and war is for the benefit of humanity?

Israel are just as guilty as Hamas. And most of the world can see that too. In fact, if we actually count the murder of innocent children, per head, then Israel are even worse.

I guess you didnt bother to read and chose to respond anyway.

Yes, I did read it, just because I disagree and find it one sided does not mean that I didn't read it. It means I find it one sided and disagree.

what was one sided about it? That the the son of one of Hamas’s founders thinks the Palestinians need to be educated?

Are you serious. Maybe before you enter into a conversation such as this you should educate yourself as well.

Maybe go to Wizzley as they seem to have such authoritative writers on the subject as opposed to others such as Mosab Hassan Yousef who has lived it.

Wavegirl, the information is given by an informant. He talks only of one side of the coin, his side. What about Bibi's nephew, he talks of his side of the coin.

http://azvsas.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/me … ephew.html

He's lived in Israel, too.

I did not post the link to that earlier, because I could imagine why someone might feel that his story was a little one sided. So I posted another link, in the post below, which just lays out the facts.

It was a little childish to suggest that I go to Wizzley- I chose that particular author because she is a historian, she studied the holocaust in depth and met with many survivors of the holocaust, and if you read a little more about her you'll also discover that she discusses at length the suffering of the Jews. And by the way, just wanted to ask, what makes you think that she hasn't been there, or that she isn't a Jew?

Is Mosab Hassan Yousef also a historian?

You just dont get it do you. Just look at your comparison. You call Mosab Hassan Yousef an informant? Right there shows me you have no understanding of the situation. He talks only of his side. What side do you think he is on. Its called peace. But no you dont get that. Maybe you did read what I posted, I guess some comprehend and then some dont.

There are some that actually would like to live peacefully side by side.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image72

I have also lived in Israel and other countries in the area. I was there in the 80's when the Palestinians were blowing up the buses with suicide bombers. I saw the death and destruction.

I've watched as all the young American soldiers have come home from Iraq and Afghanistan.

I watched that beautiful blue sky morning in 2001 as the Twin Towers fell and they cheered in the streets of the West Bank and Gaza.

I say kill every Muslim extremist on earth. It is really sad that more people don't realize that this is all about religion.

I don't hate Muslims but I do hate Muslim Extremists and want to see them wiped from the earth.

I had two friends killed that September morning in 2001. If they get the chance they will do it again. We must wipe Muslim Extremists like Hamas and Iran from the face of the earth. Or their will come another bright blue morning here in America. It will happen. As sure as water rolls down hill and grass is green that day will come. They are most likely planning it now.

They will not stop until they succeed. We must stop them. I for one will never forget 9-11 or the buses in the 1980's. I truly hope to live to see the government of Iran and Hamas wiped from the earth.

Oh, right, ok, are the Palestinians responsible for 9/11 now, too?

Anyone who gives shelter to terrorists are as guilty. I have watched them burn the American flag and scream for American blood. There are worse Muslim extremists in Gaza than Hamas. They should all be wiped from the earth.

It is sad that people who are supposed to be intelligent will defend Hamas. Hamas hides behind women and children and then bleeding heart liberals will scream bloody murder when women and children are killed. This is what Hamas intended in the first place.

The blood of six million Jews screams from the ground as does the blood of over 3000 killed on 9-11. My two friends died that day. Their families will never forget what was done that morning. I will never forget what was done that day.

Hamas is doing the same thing to Israel that was done to America. The US Government considers Hamas to be a terrorist organization. The UN should make Hamas illegal and never give it help of any type.

2. wavegirl22 profile image48

I hear you crazyhorsesghost, I too lost my cousin Peter on 9/11.

Extremists of any sort will always bring trouble. I believe there are people living inside the Gaza strip that like you and me want to live in peace. But when people are ruled by extreme fanatics there is no chance that these people can ever surface for fear is with them every corner they turn. For one moment I bet if others on this thread woke up in a place like Iran they may "get it" but until then they like the extreme groups like Hamas will continue to breed hate and never understand.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66

"I watched that beautiful blue sky morning in 2001 as the Twin Towers fell and they cheered in the streets of the West Bank and Gaza.

"I say kill every Muslim extremist on earth. It is really sad that more people don't realize that this is all about religion."

"I say kill every Muslim extremist on earth. It is really sad that more people don't realize that this is all about religion."

My impression is that killing begets more extremists of which there is an inexhaustible supply. Moreover, the Palestinian extremists had nothing to do with 911. My understanding is that the 911 bombers were Sunnis whereas Hamas and other Palestinian extremists are Shias supported by Iran.

Speaking from a safe house in a secret US location 48 hours after a fragile ceasefire ended eight days of Israeli-Hamas conflict, the former terror operative turned Israeli informant said, “Let’s not forget that our enemy is a barbarian enemy and they are using women and children as a shield.”

Your quotation also named him as an Israeli informant. Perhaps you are the one who has no real understanding of the situation and perhaps YOU should also read what you have posted before accusing others of not bothering to read the text or accusing them of poor reading comprehension. Personal attacks are unnecessary, just because someone disagrees with you Wavegirl does not make them illiterate or uneducated.

At no previous point have I suggested that you are uneducated, have poor reading comprehension, or "just don't get it".

Why do you feel the need to make personal attacks, why not just debate the issues at hand?

I  was the one who said she was uneducated and I persist.

In fact, why not check these people out? Read what they have to say about the occupation of Gaza and the West bank.

http://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/content/ … nflict-101

They're not informants, who by their very nature tend to be of the criminal element and not to be trusted. But Jews, who are speaking without hatred, bias and with no ulterior motive other than peace and equity. They lay it all out, factually and accurately.

Cheihk Ahmad Moaz Al-Khatib is a salafist and a US pawn for Syria. Wake up to the reality!

48. bBerean profile image60
    bBereanposted 11 years ago

Another very interesting read on this topic is "Judgement Day: Islam, Israel and the Nations" By Dave Hunt.  Big picture perspective and lots of background info on the conflict.

49. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 11 years ago

That's a good one. A plague on both of them.

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't wish a plague on anyone there Mercutio. It's just a long and deeply complex dispute.

50. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

How does the mass killing cycle cease?
    It could continue for generations at this rate with Israel and Palestine. Israel bombs innocent people in Gaza killing kids and infants (vice versa). The survivors grow up with hate towards Israelis  (vice versa).

The same for Iraqi kids being against Americans who killed/bombed their parents and/or relatives since 1991. Afghanistan too. I bet you there still Boznians and Serbs who once they get to power you'll hear about a mass killing too. From what I see, the eastern religions (Asia) do not advocate killing those who believe differently. I am sure somebody will find a period though where it occurred.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)