jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Do GOP female voters consider reproductive rights a side issue

1. Credence2 profile image84
    Credence2posted 4 years ago

Some of the stuff that came from Romney's lips during the second debate is really quite profound.

When he answered the woman's question about equal pay, he seemed to imply that these grievances women expressed about interference in their reporductive afffairs and equal pay would all go away with a improving economy that he says that he would provide.

I know that I am a guy but I would compare that to the ante-bellum south as a slave on a plantation and when I asked about freedom, the politician says that with an improving economy more slaves could be hired so that I would not have to work as hard.

These people are nuts, this Mitt Romney is a throwback to an earlier and simpler time, at least for some people. How he can say the inane things he says and not really pay the way he should in public opinion is beyond me.

1. tammybarnette profile image60
      tammybarnetteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Credence, I am as mystified as you my friend. I have never understood the conservative philosophies of the modern age. There ideology in no way other than there idea(their idea but not true) of smaller government. They say that about the social programs for the poor and elderly, but is it not big government when an employer or government officials dictates my healthcare? In a modern age as this when the military could be a mean and lean operation that actually mitigates collateral damage as in lives, why pour money into huge numbers of military personel or old equipment, if we are going to spend let's spend for new technology. The way the R's spun the President's words after the last debate blew me away. The loss of life under W on our own soil brought everyone together, but now 4 killed in Lybia is somehow Obama's fault? In Lybia for goodness sakes! Terrorist abound....Oh I have become weakened and tired of trying to show proof after proof, some will never get it Credence, and sadly, I believe it has much to do with the color of his skin and not his record.....(Sigh)

Credence2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tammy, Oh yes indeed, the talk is about less government when it is time to reduce regulations and let the pollutiers indulge themselves with impunity or allow Wall Street to go unreformed when they took the shirts off from our backs after the big meldown in 2008. But they are all for more government in regards to profligate military spending without purpose, or the intereference in the most personal relationships and intimate aspects of our humanity.

My fellow citizens are more naive and fearful than I have previously understood and it is to their detriment and my disappointment.
        Romney hides behind the 'chicken hawk' mantle of his Mormon religion ready to wage WWIII as long as neither he nor his has to do the fighting/

I certainly hope that the American people are smarter than this!!

Credence, we have to keep spreading the word, showing the facts, and pray, pray, pray smile

2. movingout profile image60
          movingoutposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Credence, I also agree with you and tammy. Willard Romney is definately a bad choice!

Credence2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Movingout!   Yes, the(Mittwit)  is a bad choice and I am surprised that more people cannot see this.

2. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 4 years ago

Tammy, I agree, I also believe it has a lot to do with color of skin then record. This is the most disrespected POTUS in history (my opinion). Why would Romney, who has everything, even want to become President? The money? Or do he consider it his birthright?

movingout, me thinks the latter, lol smile

working