jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Obama's October surprise?

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Does it have to do with the secret exchanges with Iran? Some on the right think so.

1. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

A liberal lawyer named Gloria Allred claims to have something on Romney.

She is the one who came forward with the disgruntled housekeeper that hurt Meg Whitman in her campaign for governor of California.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image70
        Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have something on Romney?  Incredible!

I'd be surprised if the Sensata Freeport fiasco doesn't come up in the debate tomorrow.

1. profile image0
          JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It would be retarded for Romney to bring up Sensata. It would just further enforce the viewpoint that Obama blames everyone except for the people who are to blame.

1. profile image0

You're right.  A dollar an hour in pay wouldn't make him look very good.

2. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

I think it's going to be Obama showing up the the last debate with a Mitt Romney costume on.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Trick or treat! lol

3. WillStarr profile image88
    WillStarrposted 4 years ago

Most Americans are concerned with the economy, so talks with Iran won't cut it.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image70
    Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago

"The White House denied that a final agreement had been reached. 'It’s not true that the United States and Iran have agreed to one-on-one talks or any meeting after the American elections,' Tommy Vietor, a White House spokesman, said Saturday evening. He added, however, that the administration was open to such talks, and has “said from the outset that we would be prepared to meet bilaterally.' "

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/21/world … am.html?hp

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I read that, Ralph, but the first paragraph says that talks have been agreed upon - at least in principle.

"The United States and Iran have agreed in principle for the first time to one-on-one negotiations over Iran’s nuclear program, according to Obama administration officials, setting the stage for what could be a last-ditch diplomatic effort to avert a military strike on Iran."

1. profile image0

The White House did agree.  I think they are trying to distance themselves, at least temporarily, because they are afraid the Romney campaign will accuse them of "negotiating with terrorists."

That's my guess anyway.

5. WillStarr profile image88
    WillStarrposted 4 years ago

If there is a plan to announce talks just before the election, the NYT article is alerting the voting public to the possibility, so it will have more impact.

6. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 4 years ago

Who knows what the dude is thinking of surprising us with. It could have been job numbers, but since we are all guessing I have one.

If Obama loses this next debate and his numbers go further south, he and Israel will jointly bomb Iran.

working