jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

More on Ryan and the soup kitchen...

1. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 4 years ago
    1. American View profile image61
      American Viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All this article does is prove what we already know, the left makes up stories then try to back track it like saying i was taken put of context or some other lame excuse. Bottom line is you said it.

And is the best the left can do, worry about Ryan washing pots? If so, Romney's got this in the bag

1. habee profile image89
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, AV, but both sides do it.

2. 0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's still a photo op.

If they were really interested in helping, like the president of the charity said in that article, they would've shown up when the soup kitchen was full.

1. American View profile image61
        American Viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You mean like how Obama shows up without cameras or when places are empty?

Get over it people, Presidents have been mingling with us commoners every election going way back. Kissing Babies, the old time train tours and the like. Personally, I would rather see a candidate do something charitable like what Ryan  did.

I bet if there was a store next to the soup kitchen and Ryan went in there instead, we would be reading the headlines "Ryan ignores soup kitchen"

1. 0

Obama is irrelevant to whether Ryan's stunt was infantile or not.  However, if Obama has done the same thing, he is just as guilty.  Can't escape by saying, "YOU DO IT TOO!."

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely.  Send the secret service in an hour before to clear the place of hungry people before he shows up.  They could surely skip another meal for such a great photo op.  Plus, it would give Ryan an excuse to leave the public even he was at before it was actually over.

Makes perfect sense to me!

1. 0
          Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't speak common sense, wilderness.  This is a political thread after all. wink

I'm speaking, of course, in regard to the majority of the responses, not habee's OP.

1. habee profile image89
            habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. 0

This is incoherent.  You need to do some clarifying.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

That this is even an issue is really ridiculous.  We all know to what degree politicians will stoop before a major election. Ryan was most likely doing what he was advised to do by a frantic campaign advisor.
    I'm tired of all of the insignificant issues the media makes into huge issues.  Politicians always take opportunities to use photo ops.  I feel very sorry for our young children having to endure the immature antics of what's taking place in this election campaign.

1. tammybarnette profile image59
      tammybarnetteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

RebekahELLE...I second that emotion, lol, smile How silly that they felt the need...I guess if they can keep our A.D.D. fast food culture stimulated with balogna, we may forget about the big "steak" stories, smile

working