Lingering questions on foreign policy positions.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

A couple of things jumped out at me. An they are not bayonets or horses:

1. Here is what Mitt Romney said during last night's debate:

"We're going to be finished by 2014, and when I'm president, we'll make sure we bring our troops out by the end of 2014," Romney said.

He did not say he would bring the troops HOME. He said he would bring them OUT.

Was that language intentional? Could he be planning to relocate from Afghanistan directly to Iran? Do not pass Go. Do not collect your combat pay and come home to your families...

2. The conservative community is up in arms (no pun intended) at his abrupt shift to the center on foreign policy.
    I mean, what's the point of having 17 Bush neocons on your FP advisory team if you're not going to be hawkish?
    Are they buying this centrist  "I am the peacemaker" stance? Or was it all a facade to draw in the women's vote?

3. And so much attention on cutting vs. increasing the military budget.
    Anyone else suspect that Romney's proposed increase (which Obama has said repeatedly the military has not asked for) would find its way into Halliburton-esque hands?
    Haven't done the research yet. Perhaps someone here has.
    Who builds Navy ships? How much you wanna bet there's less than 6 degrees of separation with Romney, his son, or some of the big donors to Romney's campaign (Koch or other).

1. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
      Zubair Ahmedposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I said this before on another thread discussing these two presidential candidates - they are both singing the same songs with some minor changes to the lyrics.

Nothing on the ground will ever change in the US until and unless the people of America the 99%rs wake up and vote for a different party - that can happen you know!