Another politician comments on pregnancies and rape

1. adjkp25 profile image91
    adjkp25posted 4 years ago

Maybe these guys should stop commenting on rape for a while because their comments are interesting to say the least.

Richard Mourdock (Indiana-R) is running for senate and said the following "I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."  I get the whole life begins at conception position (the sex being consensual or not is irrelevant) but maybe they shouldn't really ask these questions anymore for a while until they can answer them in a better way.

I'm a believer in things happen for a reason but I'm struggling to see how God would want one of his children to endure a rape just to become pregnant.

Mourdock did try to correct himself, I think, by saying "Are you trying to suggest somehow that God preordained rape, no I don't think that"..."Anyone who would suggest that is just sick and twisted. No, that's not even close to what I said."

1. Georgie Lowery profile image96
      Georgie Loweryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There seems to be a rash of politicians lately that are opening their mouths just to insert their feet. I might invent a drinking game where, every time one of them says something dumb, you have to take a drink. On second thought, I'd probably stay drunk all the time, so never mind! wink

2. autumn18 profile image70
      autumn18posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love all these insane insensitive statements coming from these old men who will never get pregnant. If a mother is going to die because of the pregnancy then God intended that as well. Let's see this guy let his wife or daughter or whatever die instead of getting an abortion. Oh wait he wouldn't.