jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Bush's 2004 approval higher than Obama's??

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

If this had been on a conservative site, it would hard for me to believe. But it's from WaPo:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the … 8/?print=1

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

In the car earlier I heard that a new poll had Obama's approval rating at 53%.
    Well, aside from left-leaning websites, it was hard to find that.
    Here it is.
    Not sure what is up with Gallup.
    Are they even polling the same people the rest of the polls are?
    Do they have some kind of weird methodology the others don't have?

Anyway, most polls do seem to have it as an even split approve vs. disapprove!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls … -1044.html

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I can more see that with Romney...but with Bush? After his first term? I thought a lot of people really hated him for the war. I'm sorry to say that I think some of the latest polls reflect racism. And no, I'm not saying that everyone who opposes Obama does it because of race.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
        Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think people hated Bush for the war as soon as 2004.
        I thought, actually, that "not changing horses in the middle of the stream" (war) was one of the strongest pluses for Bush term II.

As to the racist overtones -- there is a lot of talk about that heating up right now.
        Only 2 in 5 Republicans believe Obama was born in America.
        Sununu called him 'lazy.'
        Someone said he wasn't smart enough to get through Columbia, he only got in because of affirmative action.
        Sarah Palin used the term "shuck and jive" to describe his Libya response.
        Ann Coulter called him a "retard" (which is getting a lot of pushback from Special Olympics).
        Not to mention copies of Dreams of My True Father mysteriously being mailed to voters in the swing states.

It's getting uglier and uglier.

1. tammybarnette profile image60
          tammybarnetteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not to mention he is a muslim and not a Christian...and did not wear his flag pen...It started as soon as he sat down his suit case!

2. Repairguy47 profile image61
          Repairguy47posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh goody racism again. Doesn't matter that he is black and was elected to begin with. Nope, now America is racist because we don't want him to have a second term, you don't think it may just have to do with the fact he has failed miserably?

I did not say ALL Americans are racist, I did not say ALL conservatives, etc. are racist...these are facts however, and it is sad in this day and age

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
              Repairguy47posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know what you said, its clear I responded to Mighty Mom.

I apologize, I do not check the reply button, and I mentioned race as well...please do forgive smile

2. movingout profile image60
        movingoutposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@Habee & tammybarnette, thank you! FInally someone agrees with me! Sadly a lot of it is racism! Not all but a whole lot are!

working