jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What's happened to the Republican Party?

1. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 3 years ago

There was a time Republicans cared about their fellow American. They believed in woman's rights. They believed in equality among races and religions. This election is insane to say the least! One minute they're for these things and the next Romney switches positions. Romney isn't the Republican of Reagans generation. Neither is Ryan! They represent a far right agenda that will inpact us all in a negative way. Changing positions just to get elected at the expense of their party! Before I became an Independent, I was a die heart Republican. Today that's just not an option for me! Just my opinion, what's yours?

1. tammybarnette profile image60
      tammybarnetteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

movingout, I have wondered the same thing, the whole thing has moved so far right that Obama is almost an R, as far as foriegn policy goes especially, but they criticize him for things they would have approved in the past, they refused any plan instead of trying to work for compromise, I think conservatives should stand up and take their party back, instead of voting for the R label, not all do that of course, but their are many good solid conservatives that should be storming the hill and demanding a better choice candidate...I am a Dem, but I truly like Obama's policies, I am not voting for him for any other reason than he represents my values....So, maybe, many conservatives think Romney really does represent their values...maybe the shift is a reflection of the people?

2. Credence2 profile image87
      Credence2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

The danger is that the smoke and mirror routine might actually work!

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 3 years ago

The Republican Party has always represented business, money and private profit and the elite. Anything else is hokum to get votes from the rest.

1. Credence2 profile image87
      Credence2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

This hits the nail on the head, the balancing act is to how to get "all the rest" to buy off on concepts that are truly against their best interests.