jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Mundy the disabled guy who sues everyone!

1. Anna Erwin profile image60
    Anna Erwinposted 7 years ago

I am watching CNN, and this guy Thomas Mundy goes around sueing all these business for the facilities not being in compliance with the Americans with Disability act.

That guy is a jerk.  I worked at a hotel in San Diego, he sued us too.  So I am sorta laughing that he is now on CNN and still doing the same thing.

What is worse is that  no one really stands a chance againts him.  Now, I am all for making things assecible to people who live with disabilities, but this guys has taken it to an extreme. 

He will sue your business if the paper towel dispense is not low enough, if the toilet isn't low enough etc.

He sued the hotel I worked at for the wheelchair ramp not being wide enough, here I am talking by less than an inch and the parking lots spaces not being big enough, again by less than an inch.

In which case the hotel made all the changes and it cost the hotel a lot!  Do you think he should be stopped? 

I think yes.  If he was really concerned about the Americans with disabilities he could very easily write them a letter giving them notice about it, but he doesn't he sues you.  He gives you a verbal notification and then before you can even begin to fix whatever he was complaining about, you are being sued. And there isn't anything you can do about it!

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

The only way to stop this is to disband corresponding regulations smile

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you however I also see that he may be angry because he is disabled. smile

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Oh, sure Julianna smile

But if there were no regulations, they would be no expectations - no reasons to get angry, and the businesses that do make themselves convenient for disabled would get extra customers smile

4. 60
    BOBSMITHposted 7 years ago

I know of a law firm in Newport Beach, CA called Call, Jensen & Ferrell that has beat Thomas Mundy in court.  I wish I had seen the show.

5. killatia profile image60
    killatiaposted 7 years ago

Its people like this guy that makes me sick about how the legal system in this country works.