jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Currency and Rate Manipulation

1. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 4 years ago

http://www.economist.com/node/21558281 The LIBOR scandal...We can clearly see as to why putting social security into the markets is a very bad idea...We have heard Mitt Romney say he will tell China that we will not allow currency manipulation, I guess they have learned from the best...

"The banking industries' "tobacco," moment"

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

LIBOR? LIBOR??  lol
    That is soooooooo last summer!
    We're waaaaay over it.
    Because it never got legs as a media topic.
    Unfortunately.

But regardless,

We're past LIBOR and onto LIBYA now.
    Libor. Libya. Both start with "L" and have a "b" in the middle.
    The American public knows about as much about the latter as the former.
    sad

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Uh... I went to public schools.

Is the latter one the first one, or the other one?

I think American's know more about the B in liBor and liBya than anything else. We are good with Bs...

*BREAK*Oh my baby girl just fell asleep in my arms. She never does that. It's so sweet, she's drooling all over my hand*END BREAK*

tammybarnetteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

AWWW, How sweet....

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
        Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Latter is the second of two.
        smile

I went to public school, too.
        I can identify Libya on a map (thanks to Rachel Maddow).
        I cannot see Russia from my house.

2. tammybarnette profile image60

How can we past something so crucial sad where can I find an update?
      http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/world/Liby … k_86674660 About Lybia, I have sent this to both of you and never heard what you thought...

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I read the AP report that was based on... it's messed up. If that's how it went down, there's no way this should have ever even been thought to possibly have had a chance of being a spontaneous protest.

As a little added bonus, Fox's source(unnamed at this point, but apparently claiming to have been moved from the consulate to the annex) said that one of the CIA agents said at one point 'Where the **** is that Spectre?'(gunship)

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

The more details I read, the less clear the facts or sequence of events becomes.
    It certainly seems that this attack was planned in advance, hence the weapons. And they were organized -- blocking off the streets.
    The question is, when did they plan this?
    Did they plan it BEFORE the Muslim world went ballistic of the video?
    DId they plan it specifically to happen on 9/11?
    DId they use the widespread protests surrounding the video as an opportunity, as a ruse?
    There does seem to be some relationship between this and the video. But it's not a straight cause/effect situation.

A lot of armchair quarterbacking happening on this.

I can actually see that it wouldn't have to be too organized or planned as I have seen a bunch of redneck males load up and beat the hell out of another group over something as stupid as a football game, testerone has no ethnic background...Plus as I had said on the other forum, just remembering the mass hysteria of the original 911...I can see how they would try to use the film and purposefully mislead...

Have either of you heard an update to this LIBOR scandal...I keep finding articles about seemingly unrelated stories, that when tied together paint a picture about this devastating economic recession? I read an article dated back to 2006 about the FED's decision to stop counting or reporting M3, now this article leads back to at least 2007, I read a story that we were attacked in 2007, that our infrastructure had been hacked into...These stories just don't get the press...

2. tammybarnette profile image60

http://ariseaustralia2012.wordpress.com … wsuit-pdf/  Could this be the update to the LIBOR scandal, is this related, anyone know?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/major- … 2012-10-25  Actually meant to post this link, but both are related..

4. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 4 years ago

The what happened is unlikely to be clear.  However, operational matters are never as simple or organised as going to the shops - calls are made on the spot based on estimates of what is going on and the possibilities of collateral damage etc etc etc.  It is easily possible to get it wrong in so many ways.  All those people screaming abut the handling of the situation have clearly never been in any kind of action.

Why it happened is more clear, invade somebody's country, kill their President, hand power to around 8 warlords all from different tribes - then seriously p!$$ off one of the warlords by making an  insulting video of their religion and spreading as far as you can online.  Imagine this was the US - your government has been murdered by some outside power, all the states are in the control of their own brand of christian hells angels - and you have roughly the situation in Libya.

Currency manipulation is practiced by all the participants in every country and has always been the case.  The only reason this is coming to light is because the people who syphon the money from the banks have been too greedy and stolen too much over too long a period.  They have been borrowing from each other round and round to make up for the money missing from the system and one of the losers in the chain has squealed on them.

This has also been happening for many years to keep many currencies artificially high (especially the dollar) also so that there is plenty of cream to steal.  That this keeps millions of people artifically low and in poverty is neither here nor there I guess.

Yes, I do believe the currency manipulation has been going on for a long while probably at least 20 years...I believe keeping those in low wage poverty ridden jobs is as much a part of the plan as scraping the cream from the top, enslavement of the working class has much to do with the disappearance of the middle class...

1. recommend1 profile image71
        recommend1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep - but don't worry, they have built loads of internment camps for anyone who makes a fuss.

5. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 4 years ago

ha ha,

1. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nice to see you again Joy56.  Hope life is cruising along for you these days.

working