jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Des Moines Register endorses Romney

1. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 3 years ago

Heard they endorsed Romney in Sunday's paper.  They haven't endorsed a Republican since 1972.
    They say he appears to be better able to turn the economy around and obama shows no real promise of creating a positive future for Americans.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image87
      tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

2. tsadjatko profile image88
    tsadjatkoposted 3 years ago

Can't disagree with any of that. Obama had two years with total congressional control and did nothing about jobs or the economy except pass Obamacare which has put a damper on job creation, will cost three times what they estimated and gee, was ruled a tax by the supreme court? and those are the facts. Who knows, nobody has read the whole thing yet so there might be more BAD news. 

Why would anyone think someone who never ran a business or created a job in his life would know how to use government to spur the economy or create a friendly environment for the private sector to create jobs, especially when no one in his administration has a business background either?. Just like he said he'd cut the deficit in half but instead doubled it, his policies if left in place will make things twice as bad on the job front.

On the other hand, he is such a nice guy and wonderful family man we really need that in the office of President cause, well such are hard to find in Democrat presidents. Oh, yeah but Romney fits that boat too so what the hey, I'll go with him this time.

3. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 3 years ago

MM should be all over this, she loves endorsements!

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
      Mighty Momposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yep. I love endorsements.
      No change in tally from the last time I posted this, though:
      http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/201 … ements.php

4. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 3 years ago

Personally, I think endorsements by newspapers are like advice, they are worth what they cost you.
    However when the Des Moines Register endorses a Republican for president, it is like the world has been turned upside down.
    It is a sign.  The handwriting is obviously on the wall and the fat lady is warming up her voice.

5. tsadjatko profile image88
    tsadjatkoposted 3 years ago

The Des Moines Register has not endorsed a Republican Candidate for President since it endorsed Richard Nixon in 1972. Let's hope this one works out better than Tricky Dick! If Romney doesn't turn things around, in 2016 we might have we might have Pity Mitty.

6. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 3 years ago

Yeah, their track record with endorsing Nixon was a real good choice, wasn't it? lmao

1. 70
      logic,commonsenseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, kinda like their track record of endorsing obama in '08.