jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (34 posts)

Do liberals here support this ad?

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Have you seen this ad in support of Obama? It shows senior citizens threatening to punch Romney and burn down the country if Obama loses. They don't say "country," though - they say "MFer." Is this okay with you? If the right came out with an ad that threatened violence against Obama and the nation, the left would be screaming. Will any of the liberals here admit that?

http://now.msn.com/michael-moore-casts- … norg-video

BTW, I'm not blaming Obama for the ad, as I'm sure he had nothing to do with it. I'm just trying to understand avid Obama supporters here. I'm hoping they denounce such ads.

1. Waldo Numbly profile image61
      Waldo Numblyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

michael moore is the lowest form of life on earth, about equal to jane fonda I guess.  These terrible people are seditious anti-American scum.  I don't subscribe to their entertainment and I suggest that others don't as well.  I am not surprised at such an offensive ad.  I am voting for Romney, a decent hardworking American.

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good morning, Waldo. I think both candidates are good men. I'm hoping some liberals here will provide some feedback on this ad.

1. movingout profile image60
          movingoutposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'd like some feedback on the ad showing the hanging? I've yet to get a response on that one. Crazies on both sides. This shouldnt even be posted, not but baloney on both sides!

1. habee profile image90

Hanging? I have no idea what you're talking about.

1. movingout profile image60

For someone who finds a lot of stuff on Dems, I can't imagine you missing this one! Offensive doesn't begin to describe it! http://www.wthr.com/story/19956914/secr … =printable

1. habee profile image90

I didn't miss that Halloween display. You said "the ad" showing the hanging. There's an ad? I didn't know about the ad, and it wasn't mentioned in the linked article you provided. I think hanging anyone in effigy is extremely offensive, whether it's the POTUS or Palin.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
                  paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just checking in...

1. habee profile image90

Howdy, Para!

2. movingout profile image60

lmao...typical response. Ad, video, whatever, both are the same! Repulsive and making a mockery of Democracy! Both sides have crazies and by Both of Us putting this trash online gives these crazies enjoyment and the recognition they want! That's my point! Why bother putting baloney like yours and mine for anyone to see? It just fuels their fire! Nothing accomplished by it. This whole campaign has turned into a mockery of the election process. Just my opinion.

2. tammybarnette profile image61
      tammybarnetteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Habee, I don't watch any of the ads, this has been the nastiest election I can remember, from both sides...I believe both the super pacs are the ones to blame for the really nasty ads. I wish they would stop commercials all together, then people would have to read and research and couldn't vote off the ads.

3. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

First, you know this was not an official campaign ad, right?  It was made to be humorous and in jest and probably an attempt to create a viral video as indicated by the NSFW.  There was not message of " I'm Barack Obama, and I approve this message."

This is not something I would want to see on the public airways but for some reason I find it very funny seeing very old people say bad words... it's so unexpected behavior that after the temporary shock you have to see the humor in it.

Would I approve it... no  Dose it persuade me... not  Did it make me chuckle... yes.

For the record... I too like both candidates but I'm going with Obama.  I know that all politicians lie and say what they think specific groups want to hear.  My biggest problem with Romney is his religion.  Reading through some of the doctrines of Mormonism is like reading a science fiction novel...  I cannot put the trust of my nation in the hands of a believer in living prophets and the belief that God lives on the planet "Kolob"  wherever the heck that is...lol 
      I don't mean to sound like a religious bigot but that is how I feel about Mormonism as well as Scientology.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nothing like a little humor once in a while.

1. profile image69
        logic,commonsenseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But if it were Romney instead of obama you wouldn't look at it as humor.  You would be completely out raged and blame it on Romney himself.  You know that's right.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69

Not at all.

5. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

C'mon Habee lighten up a little. This is just a joke ad. I guess the funny thing is Romney doesn't have to do anything like this for the left to get indignant about with all the gaffs and ridiculous stuff he says seriously.

1. habee profile image90

Yeah - almost as bad as Biden!

1. rhamson profile image76
          rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The difference is Biden can laugh about it. Romney can't.

1. Mighty Mom profile image89
            Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Biden on Letterman tonight.
            Top 10 reasons to vote early!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv- … _blog.html

6. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Everyone in the video is really old.

If it was an ad with soldiers saying they were going to burn down the United States, that would be another story.

It's funny this ad would produce so much outcry, when Romney's welfare ads were first of all completely dishonest, and second of all aimed at stoking racial resentment against African Americans.  Everyone in that video is WHITE.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I don't watch any of the campaign adds, least of all the unofficial ones. I can't wait until my TV goes back to trying to sell me junk products instead of junk politicians.

1. habee profile image90

Yeah, junk products are beginning to look very interesting. lol. Luckily, here in GA, we're not so saturated with political ads.

3. Ericdierker profile image80
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Habee, what were you doing that caused you to stumble on this video, I want to know how to avoid it.

1. habee profile image90

Lol, Eric. I don't even remember.

4. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 4 years ago

I know the competent people here on HP find this ad deplorable. I agree that I do not think Obama had any idea about this ad. I know someone suggested it was done in fun, Sorry, it was not done in fun. It was made and funded by moveon.org and we all know in what bed they lay.

I do not mind factual honest attack ads during campaigns. But vile trash like this one has no place in the political landscape. Unfortunately, this season it is not the first threatening ad to come out.  It does not matter to me if Obama knew about it prior to coming out, he knows now and should demand it be removed. He will not because he has not demanded any of the prior ones be taken down. He always uses the excuse "I cannot help what PACs do" .  Neither does Romney, but when ads have come out that are over the line, he demands they e taken down and they are.

On a side note, if they want to watch me having sex, OK.  They will either learn something they wish they knew when they were younger, or watching might kill them LOL. It was disturbing though the old lady who said she would watch even if she was related to you.

Light'n up AmericanV and Habee!

5. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

hm.m.....do conservatives support THIS ad...

Mitt Romney’s campaign is running a new ad in Florida that claims Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro’s niece would support President Barack Obama.The spot shows a clip of Chavez saying that if he were American, “I’d vote for Obama.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpol … rylink=cpy

Wow! That's really cheezy! Genghis Kahn, Jeffrey Daumer and Adolph Hitler would likely be in the Romney camp!

6. Mighty Mom profile image89
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

The ad isn't for Obama. It's against voter suppression as a targeted means to steal the election for Romney.
    Which is a topic that is very much real.

The ad is a bit shocking, yes.
    That's what keeps your attention.

Reminds me of the times I've heard my parents and in-laws and their Greatest Generation friends come out with some doozie words/phrases I didn't know they knew.

We seem to believe old people are sweet, docile and senile and can be fooled.
    Not so. They've lived through things we will (knock on wood) never, ever in our lifetimes.

Do I support an ad that grabs people by the nuts and says, "Wake up  before it's too and don't let voter suppression happen in America"?
    Yes.

1. jane1565 profile image60
      jane1565posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it's a great ad. Young people don't give us geezers credit for having any sense or life experience. Believe me, if you're over seventy, you know things that would curl a teenager's hair.

I'm an independent, so I don't vote for liberals or progressives. I just vote against every republican I can. They'd be alright if they would just stay away from my religion and my bedroom.

2. Barefootfae profile image60
      Barefootfaeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am just kinda curious.
      Is it your belief that Mitt Romney could not possibly be elected President unless he cheated?
      Really?

Really?

Really!  And he won't be elected even though he's lied like a rug.

1. Barefootfae profile image60
          Barefootfaeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That wasn't the question.

2. Mighty Mom profile image89
        Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Did I say that?
        I didn't mention Romney in my post at all.

The majority of the voter suppression efforts have occurred at the state level. States with GOP governors and secretaries of state.
        Surely you know that, right?

Although the Romney campaign is also getting into the act with their poll watcher instructions in Iowa (see link) and Wisconsin. And possibly other states... just haven't been documented yet.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/1 … ?mobile=nc

working