jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Should the NYC Marathon be Cancelled

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

The annual NYC marathon is still going to go off this Sunday as planned. Many are questioning the timing and want it cancelled or at least postponed. There are so many victims still not seeing rescue personnel on Staten island, Hoboken,Atlantic City, and other wiped out coastal locations that need help and the marathon will be using them.
    I think it should be postponed, but what do you think?

1. moneyfairy profile image62
      moneyfairyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it should be postponed too. There is way too much to be taken care of first before a race and what will they be racing through? debree and wreckage? It's crazy to even think about continuing, don't understand??

2. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I'm happy to announce that the mayor came to his senses (and many unhappy residents protests) and canceled to marathon. The heat stations, generators,port a potties and resources are needed elsewhere. Many marathoners stated that they will be helping people on Staten island and elsewhere.
    Great news!

1. moneyfairy profile image62
      moneyfairyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes Stacie, that was great news that they canceled and all the marathoners will help!!! Great news!!!

3. profile image0
    JustCraftyposted 4 years ago

I think they could use the marathon as a way of raising money for the people affected by the storm.

working