jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Rupert Murdoch shows what a jerk he is

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/ed … O09z5MDQeL

Especially this part:

"He needs to bring Romney into the discussion by reminding voters — some of whom may have been swayed by media partisans who eagerly spun Obama’s Jersey trip as a quasi-endorsement — just who his candidate is.

To shine some of his star power, in other words, on Mitt Romney.

Yes, Christie has forcefully avoided politicking post-Sandy — as he noted when asked about his praise for Obama.

And he was right to do so.

But true bipartisanship includes the need to make clear his belief that the incumbent’s vigorous response to the disaster would have been more than matched by Mitt Romney had he been president."

He doesn't seem to understand the concept of bipartisanship... which was truly demonstrated by Chris Christie.

2. bBerean profile image59
    bBereanposted 3 years ago

Love him or hate him, you can't say Chris isn't a straight shooter.  He clearly says what he believes regardless of who will think what of it.  Refreshing, even if you don't agree.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I gained a whole new level of respect for him.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
        wavegirl22posted 3 years ago in reply to this

na na na boo boo.

As if the republican party really stood for something. I hope that all that Christie has shown may be the things to come for the Republicans. They sure could use an overhaul of candidates.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago

I don't believe I've read another editorial where a newspaper editor tried to tell an elected official what to do and make it sound like a threat.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
      Hollie Thomasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is classic Murdoch, dictating the terms not only to the electorate, but to officials themselves-what a prat! Even more laughable, is that he actually has the audacity to talk about media partisanship, please!

Still, Murdoch has more to worry about than most. I expect he needs an "in the pocket President" more than ever before, given the pile of doo dah that's heading his way.