jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Soros think tank looking to cut benefits to veterans.

1. Barefootfae profile image60
    Barefootfaeposted 4 years ago

Oh yes we need these sorts of things to happen. We surely don't want those military characters to think their sacrifice is appreciated now do we?

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2012/ … s-110112w/

Air Force Times. Once again.......not a blog.

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How about you have a good at how much Obama has increased spending for veterans, how he has increased veteran coverage range into very rural areas, fully funded the departments that were struggling and offered tax breaks for people to hire Veterans or what his wife has done for veterans families.

Barefootfaeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Read the article Josak.
        They said it...I'm just passing it along. It ain't a blog.
        It's the Air Force.

1. Josak profile image60
          Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am not debating the article I am pointing out that A it doesn't matter since obviously this government isn't going to go for the plan and has already gone strides in the opposite direction more than any other modern administration and B that it's weird that you post this when a think tank throws an idea around but I never saw you posting on the 25% increase in spending for veterans, one might be inclined to say you are just using veterans for political capital rather than actually caring about what happens to them...

I am trying to show who is doing this. that's the point.
            Who am i saying is trying to do this?

2. Barefootfae profile image60

Gonna warn you I am like a wife.......don't tell me I'm wrong.
            big_smile

2. Sapper profile image72
      Sapperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They aren't looking for cuts, they are looking for more cuts. Trying to get anything through the VA right now is a nightmare, and it's fairly close to a waste of time.

It isn't any better for current members either. After fourteen years in, my wife has already decided there is a zero percent chance of her reenlisting again. Military gets treated like crap when they are in, and even worse when they get out.

Yep....

working