jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Ohio Spoiler

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 3 years ago

The Ohio presidential ballot will include: Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, and Virgil Goode.

Gary Johnson and Virgil Goode are both men of the right.  Johnson is polling at around 5%, and Goode less than 1%.  Jill Stein is polling around 1%.

Johnson and Goode will hopefully siphon votes away from Romney and deliver Ohio to Obama.

(Analysis courtesy of Rachel Maddow).

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I said this a couple of weeks ago.

1. 0
        Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You were ahead of the curve tongue.

2. TamCor profile image82
      TamCorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Which is why my husband and I have decided to vote for Romney, when originally we had leaned toward voting for Johnson... smile

1. 0

Romney and Obama will both continue the drug war.  Obama isn't going to discriminate against homosexuals though.  Unfortunately, having to parse and find only a few good things about a candidate is a sad indictment of our system.

2. Tealparadise profile image89
    Tealparadiseposted 3 years ago

NPR had a really interesting segment months and months ago talking about how elections are often decided by a strong 3rd party candidate - in that they are pushed the opposite direction due to division of the vote in that group.

Talked about how it's pretty taboo to tell people who have similar ideas "Just don't run okay?  You're killing us!" in the media, but in reality that's what the major parties need to do.

For instance, where is Ron Paul now?  He could have taken significant numbers from the Rep's base.

1. 0

If Paul and Johnson had both run and been on the ballot in every state, Romney wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell; unfortunately, that did not occur.

2. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just voted and this election changed my pattern. Instead of voting the presidential vote for one party and all the other members of the senate and congress for the other party, I voted one way across the ticket to see if there could be a little shake up to jar the gridlock. I used to think that at least there would have to be some compromise but after Mitchell and his cohorts just want to say no to everything I wanted to at least make them squirm a little. I hope some others felt the same way.

3. dshoes profile image61
    dshoesposted 3 years ago

If you're living and breathing you should pull votes from Romney!