jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Racist Tweets

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 3 years ago

I don't know Hub Pages policy about posting links with cursing in it, so I'm not going to post the actual link.

However, a quick google search will come up with a study about racist tweets after Obama won the election.  The highest concentrations came from....Alabama and Mississippi.  Are we surprised?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not only there, some folks in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn and Howard Beach, Queens, both New York neighborhoods with  not so liberal reputations to put it ever so mildly are also well..............not pleased with the presidential outcome to say the least.     These folks still long for the "good old days" when Rudolph Giuliani was still  the mayor of New York.   When Giuliani was going to run for President, THESE ARE THE FOLKS who hoped that HE would win!    Sooner28, not only some people in Alabama and Mississippi are upset, there are others in Southern, Northern, and Western states who are quite perturbed at the outcome!

1. 0
        Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh I'm sure.

Remember where I live.  Every county in Oklahoma went for Romney.  Fortunately, I haven't had to hear much my right-wing relatives.

2. 0
      Justsilvieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The states you mentioned hold two of the lowest rankings for education in the Union... So no, not surprised.  Be there are actually Dems and Moderate Conservatives here in Alabama and some really nice people but they also have the KKK and Big Dumb Bigots....

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

New York has more than its share of non-liberal citizens (I call them the "Post Readers" because that's the preferred sensationalistic tabloid).
    What oh what will those people do after Bloomberg leaves office (possibly to be new Secretary of Treasury for Obama ... maybe we should start our predictions).
    What if Christine Quinn becomes the mayor, as is widely speculated?
    She's a lesbian you know.
    Laughing but I really feel like crying.
    Ignorance is so pathetic.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

MM,   I lived through Mayor Giuliani's "reign".    The police had unmitigated power, there were many instances of police brutality e.g. remember when Amadou Diallo was shot 4-1 times and there were many more instances of police brutality by the NYPD under Giuliani.   That man was something elsel.....to put it quite succinctly and tastefully.      Giuliani even proposed a solution to the homeless issue, suggesting that all the poor and homeless people should move to Florida and/or places with warmer climates.    He was going to run in the 2008 presidential election; however, events conspired against him.......his children turned completely against him, citing him to be a hyprocrite regarding family values and/or other events precluded him from running........yeah!    IMAGE if GIULIANI was PRESIDENT.........UGGGGGHHHHHHHHH, REGURGITATION!     Well, I digressed into a rant......so sorry, SO UNLIKE ME!

3. chefsref profile image89
    chefsrefposted 3 years ago

Looking at the map of where the racist tweets came from and you see the heart of Republican territory. Repubs have had to embrace the crazies, the racists, white supremacists and the Tea Baggers as  the only way they can hold power. If that group could be separated the Republican party would be small but respectable. As it is now they will follow the path of the Whigs and Tories