jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

What do you think about Hannity having "evolved"on immigration issue?

1. mio cid profile image61
    mio cidposted 4 years ago

Sean Hannity one of the loudest voices representing the xenophobic movement within the GOP now says he has evolved on immigration reform and favors some kind of legalization for illegals and a path to citizenship.Who would've thunk.

2. profile image60
    Southernmapartposted 4 years ago

When the party of old, white men lose an election badly, we can expect them to have their talking propaganda heads do an about face on relevant issues.

3. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

The "memo" has already been received by the faithful. Already seen it being floated as THE concession here on HP.
    It's one small step for hombre, I suppose.
    Still got a long way to go on the other voting blocs.
    Women, Blacks, gays. And all the not elsewhere classified unwashed masses of lazy, unmotivated takers.

mio cidposted 4 years ago in reply to this

we will see rather sooner than later a political civil war within the republican party as the adults in the party try to retake control of the party and the extreme right wing loons want to continue to hold it hostage,it may even split the talking heads as limbaugh and levin want to double down on crazy talk and others like hannity  want to move to the center.

1. tammybarnette profile image59
        tammybarnetteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree, I think we are going to see a party split...I am sure there are many Conservatives talking behind closed doors on this. The younger Republicans are not concerned with making social issues into laws, I hope to see an evolution of the Republican Party because this last spectacle created so much strife in this country...

2. robie2 profile image91
        robie2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I fear you are right about the " civil war" in the Republican party.  I only hope the rabble doesn't put on white hoods and start burning crosses.  Those  wayyyyyy right wing Republicans who listen to Rush and watch Fox  live so far outside objective reality that they really are surprised that they lost, and far from taking steps to repair the party, they are busy drinking even more  cool aide and feeling aggrieved.

mio cidposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They will not change, but the non crazy republicans will now be able to stand up to them and rescue the gop from the deathgrip of the loonies.

4. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

This isn't funny, you guys.
    We're talking about fundamentally changing the way some people view the world and their superior place in it.
    Change is hard. Especially when it involves facing facts!!!
    lol

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey there, MM. Nice to see ya.

Ultimately, it seems to me, the future success of this nation will depend entirely on the moderates within both parties.

Q.

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
        Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Quill!
        Been worried about you. Wondering how you fared in Superstorm Sandy.
        Glad to see you back online.
        MM

working