jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

If you watch Fox News, why?

1. crankalicious profile image88
    crankaliciousposted 3 years ago

Here are some studies that show that people who watch Fox News are less informed than others:

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/ … 71&lb=

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/2 … 38914.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2 … -suggests/

For instance, Fox viewers believe disproportionately to other people that Sadaam Hussein was responsible for 9/11.

If you watch Fox News, why would you given these results? If you disagree with the results, what is your basis for that disagreement? The conclusion these studies draw is that Fox is providing more misinformation that other news channels. Can you reconcile this conclusion and still watch Fox news?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't watch Fox news, but I think this is an interesting topic, so bumping the thread. I suppose viewers of Fox will accept such myths, if that's their only news source.

2. mio cid profile image67
      mio cidposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Let's not forget that the right wing nut talking heads who are at the apex of the right wing movement condemns education and idolizes ignorance as a virtue, so it's not that they are less informed but they are erroneously informed.

1. donotfear profile image90
        donotfearposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My my.....aren't we just FULL of love!!!

2. kathleenkat profile image89
    kathleenkatposted 3 years ago

I don't purchase cable, so I'm probably far less informed than even those who view Fox news.

When I DO watch the news (usually on in hotel lobbies and such), I'm not really picky about what station it's on. Fox can report a factory fire or a murder victim just as well as CNN or NBC.

So, you ask, why would I watch Fox news? Probably because it happens to be on. I'm sure most viewers aren't too picky, and they'll throw on NBC in the morning for their morning show, and Fox news at 11 maybe before bed. Whatever is on at whichever time frame they have available to view the news.

1. 0
      Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I always imagine someone is going to get into a fist fight when I see the news on in a hotel or doctor's office.

I find it interesting to listen to other people talk about the stories though.

3. innersmiff profile image87
    innersmiffposted 3 years ago

I would argue myself that those who get their news from the alternative media are far more informed than those who consume the mainstream. Of course each individual mainstream news channel can duke it out if they want but they're all dead in the water, including HuffPost.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Innersmiff has a point. I'm far more selective about where I obtain my news. I don't allow news to just wash over me without question, whether it's just on or available or not.  In fact, I'd say that I actively (I attempt at any rate) to obtain news from multiple, if not independent sources. What happens in the world affects us all, me, my children, my neighbours. I don't want to be just a "passive" consumer of the news. I don't care about where Kate Middleton bought her latest hat, or whether she'll give birth to a boy or girl in the next two years. I care about what's going on in the world. It's important, and I want to be part of the decision making process.

4. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 3 years ago

Here we go again.......

give it a rest, will ya'?

5. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

I think there should be warning labels on TV news stations as there are on cigarettes.

1. donotfear profile image90
      donotfearposted 3 years ago in reply to this

lol  lol   lol

6. movingout profile image61
    movingoutposted 3 years ago

I heard Canada has banned Fox News in their country. Is this true? and why?

1. Quilligrapher profile image90
      Quilligrapherposted 3 years ago in reply to this

LOL! You must have heard it on Fox News. It isn’t true! big_smile

7. movingout profile image61
    movingoutposted 3 years ago

And now I know! lol...with all the insanity rocking and rolling all over the internet, I had to ask! lol