jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Oh no! Not the white male voter, too!!

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

Saw this on FB today and it's so good I had to share here.
    BTW, today's new explanation from candidate Romney is that special interest groups (Blacks, Latinos, young people) only voted for Obama because he gave them so many "gifts."
    The 47% are alive and still mooching.

http://www.ericgarland.co/2012/11/09/le … te-people/

1. 0
      Justsilvieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Is there some small chance that sanity will prevail sometime soon in this country? Or are we going to have 4 more years of bullies and bullshit?

Mighty Momposted 3 years ago in reply to this

LOL. He really does look like a "poopy-head" in that picture, doesn't he?
        Congrats on your 100 score, btw! Very nice!!

1. 0
          Justsilvieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

LOL thanks... I still have no clue how or why we get a 100!

Also the article was excellent!

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That was one heck of a good article. It will be interesting to see who comes along and disagrees with it.

I officially invited Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, Ann Coulter and even Paul Ryan to visit us here on HP.
        Not holding my breath.

1. Xenonlit profile image58
          Xenonlitposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We don't need them. Hub Pages is full of their minions and surrogates! ha ha!

2. Ralph Deeds profile image69
          Ralph Deedsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not likely, even their HP surrogate, Jaxon, has disappeared since the election.

3. Repairguy47 profile image61
          Repairguy47posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why would they visit here? They actually make money.

2. American View profile image58
    American Viewposted 3 years ago

Since no one else will chime in here I guess I will e the sacrificial lamb LOL.

If anyone took his looking to work for the Republican party seriously, we need to have a sarcasm class to bring people up to date. It is obvious it was written by a liberal from the liberal view point. I would expect nothing less. The language and attitude of the article just falls in line with my last article on sore winners.

So how accurate is the article, well it comes down to your point of view and we are all entitled to them. But I always have issues when articles contradict themselves. It could be something small, but it always makes the rest of the article questionable in my eyes. Like claiming to be so "white" American business owners, job creators pissed of at all the taxes they pay over all the years then say this:

" My wife and I are quite familiar with America’s healthcare system due to our professions, and having lived abroad extensively, also very aware of comparable systems. "

I am not saying he does not understand comparable systems, nor am I saying he did not live abroad extensively, but if he did that means he did not live in America often or "pay heavy taxes all those years" as a business owner. Unless they figured out a way to be in more than one place at a time.

We cannot really draw conclusions about the author's politics except that he admits he and his wife did not vote for Romney.
      However, he should be the perfect demographic target of the GOP.
      And he's saying that he did not feel the magic.

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
      Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago in reply to this

American View, Eric's profile fits mine. I've been there and done that. Believe me, those of us with ties to the health professions and who have spend time in other countires, and own businesses, find ObamaCare a relief. It allows us to purchase health insurance at a reasonable cost.

The real issue here is that Eric and his wife are well-educated. The more years of education, the more a person sees that selfishness and greed lead to the general loss of values within a nation's heartland. And then, the rich get richer until the system collapses. Republicans honor unlimited capitalism (greed) and unchecked individualism (narcissism) and zero sum outcomes--where if I win, you must lose. So I understand them, but do not vote for them. And I see why Obama scares them. He threathens people's identities as being the top dog.

Yet ... I, too, am over-educated. You might call me an elistist, but I value everyone's opinion, even yours!

So, take this with a grain of salt. I'm just trying to explain why a white guy wouldn't vote for Romney.

3. carol3san profile image59
    carol3sanposted 3 years ago

I can already see some of the republicans now trying to change their policy to include everyone...and they had darn well better because they face becoming irrelevant.  Not that I'm crying about it though; my party already gets it.