jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

McCain's Hypocrisy

1. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 3 years ago

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- … GridModule

(CBS News) John McCain, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, has spoken out recently about what he calls "incompetence" of the Obama administration in dealing with the September 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Specifically, he called out administration officials for "gross, gross, outrageous statements" made in the days after the attack.

And as U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice has been floated this week as a possible replacement for Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, McCain has vowed to try to block her nomination based on her statements following the consulate attack. Wednesday on "CBS This Morning," McCain sharply criticized Rice and Obama for their handling of the Benghazi attack.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing … a-ric.html
    In an appearance on ABC's "The View" this morning, just-departed secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said she regretted that faulty intelligence had reported that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but had no regrets that U.S. troops toppled dictator Saddam Hussein from power. "

1. Paul Wingert profile image80
      Paul Wingertposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That old fart should of been retired and dead a long time ago!

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

Looks like bipartisan is not part of his vocabulary. He isn't going to get another political position in his lifetime so off come the gloves. Congress needs to starts getting along.
    Or maybe he's just become another grumpy old man

tammybarnetteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

:lol; I can't believe the hypocrisy here, Anderson Cooper on CNN Aired the footage of McCain backing Condelezza Rice in 2003, then the video of him Stab a knife in the back of Susan Rice for the exact same mistake...Obama called him out, but this isn't over, by a long shot....The battle of the last 4 years rages on!

I do certainly want to know all of the details on libya, but this is pure political bull!

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
        Ralph Deedsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+++ But Condolezza's mistake was much worse.

Yes Ralph, much worse! I am disappointed in McCain, really makes me sad watching him play this political game with the Mideast about to explode...He has changed, I swear the entire Republican Party acts as if they have been possessed or aliens have over taken their bodies, lol...I can not believe this is still raging on, now they are obviously pushing for impeachment since they could not win the election...Shocking...You know I think there is a cover-up, but not from the administaration, I would almost bet my left toe there's a set-up somewhere...and oh if that is true, I pray it comes to light!

2. tammybarnette profile image60

I wanted to make sure It was clear that in no way am I saying a set-up that ended in the deaths, I am referring to after the fact, why did the information not follow the chain...

3. Greekgeek profile image96
    Greekgeekposted 3 years ago

What's more amusing and sad is that McCain was calling a press conference to complain about how he wasn't informed on Benghazi....

...and his press conference was held during the Homeland Security Committee classified briefing on Benghazi from the Pentagon, CIA and State Department.

McCain is a member of the Homeland Security committee. He now claims he missed the Benghazi briefing due to a scheduling error. You know, the briefing he's blaming Obama for not having.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/no … hazi-media