Grocery shopping

1. tirelesstraveler profile image87
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

As I was grocery shopping today I was very sad.  Food costs so much more than it did this time last year. I was looking at the bagels when a teenage boy caught my attention.  He politely asked the girl working in the bakery for a cookie. She politely said,"Yes" and handed him a cookie.  The politeness of this teen changed my whole thinking about Thanksgiving.  The government can take everything we have.  We can have pitiful little, but an attitude of thanksgiving can never be taken away.
    This Thanksgiving I a thankful that I could go to the grocery and buy the bread eggs and milk I wanted. I am thankful that my neighbor emptied her garbage in time to smell the smoke, call 911 and rescue one of our other neighbors from her burning house.  I am thankful for the 5 fire trucks that managed to get the fire under control.  I am thankful that my BFF sent me a text a couple of hours ago saying she is home from a long trip.
    What are you thankful for and to whom are you thankful to?

2. Vellur profile image86
    Vellurposted 3 years ago

The teen's act can be described as generous, kind and selfless. We have countless things to be thankful for and am sure glad your neighbor discovered the fire on time.

I am thankful for everything I am and everything I have and still being alive day after day.

3. tillsontitan profile image92
    tillsontitanposted 3 years ago

Of course I am most thankful for my family.  The wonderful people God has blessed me with both old and young.  I am thankful for their goodness and their love.  I am also thankful that despite what often goes on around us, we live in this of freedom and deep down, one of caring and giving.  In spite of the every day atrocities we read about and see on the news, there are many wonderful things that happen and many good an caring people.  I am thankful too for our soldiers who take up our protection and often give their lives so that we might be free.  God bless everyone this Thanksgiving and especially those whose need and want has not yet been answered.