jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Republican fiscal responsibility is a fiction as shown by history.

1. Josak profile image61
    Josakposted 4 years ago

This thread will deal with presidential spending in the modern era and which side has been fiscally responsible.
    Reagan more than quadrupled the deficit from the previous administration and started the debt addiction. Clinton came close to balancing the budget. Bush 2 increased spending by more than any other president in American history. Obama has kept spending the same as Bush left it, if we calculate for inflation (which we should because otherwise it's inaccurate) Obama has reduced spending by 2.6%.
    Republicans are not fiscally responsible, they got us into this debt, mathematics show the facts.
    P.S. Time to take some personal responsibility don't try to shuffle blame to congress.

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 4 years ago in reply to this
    2. Repairguy47 profile image61

Its true that Reagan added a lot to the deficit but he also managed to get the economy moving. Too bad Obama added  more to the deficit in half the time and the economy still sucks!

1. Repairguy47 profile image61

Dang Josak, you sure abandoned this one fast!

2. innersmiff profile image79
    innersmiffposted 4 years ago

And people scoff at the assertion that the Democrats and Republicans are largely the same!

3. tirelesstraveler profile image87
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

You are so right.  The Democrats are rich, cruel and greedy and the Republicans are chicken, stupid and greedy. Those politicians who have integrity are so slandered that integrity has gone out of style.     
    The president may have kept the spending the same, but the world I live in says, gas got more expensive, food has gone through the roof.   I am paying more for all insurance of all kinds,( Car insurance, health, life)  I have two sons out of work. College tuition has gone up and the lovely people of Californians just voted themselves a sales tax hike.
    Vacations- Who can afford them.
    Heck the least expensive camping spot I can find in this state costs $35 per night. If I want to camp at the beach I have to make a reservation a year in advance.  I just love the government.

working