jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (64 posts)

Jamie Foxx Quote of Obama

1. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 4 years ago

REALLY?

I hope this video is dubbed or a fake.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp … z2DKou43ep

1. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi, AV, hope that your Thanksgiving Holiday was all good.

As for this video, it was a comic parody. I am surprised that anyone would take this seriously. The conservatives had better be concerned about the Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock, clowns not quite ready for primetime that are passing themselves off as responsible politicians. I have heard more from Bill Maher, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Hannity and others regarding political commentary.

The GOP had better start to soul searching instead of emphasizing sour grapes and limp d*** excuses, or they will be forever relegated to the side show act.

Some of the more arrogant posters here seem to imply that all of us libs and progressives are misled, funny I said the same thing in 2004 when Bush received a second term and when this cowboy won in November 1980. The righties have lost and elections have consequences, lost is the word that replaces messiah.

I have provided a little comic relief for the occasion, all the best, from BLUE Hawaii,  I think that it is funny and will probably have to be blown up to appreciate the captions.
      CRED2

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7406698_f248.jpg

2. Onusonus profile image86
      Onusonusposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you think that's bad you should see this.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … t2dwPTnsyA

2. WillStarr profile image85
    WillStarrposted 4 years ago

Obama's 'messianic' stature among liberals is no longer funny at all. His reelection is a ominous warning to all freedom loving Americans that the majority of Americans no longer cherish liberty as much as they love their free stuff. Barack Obama is the 'Messiah of Free Stuff', and both daddy and husband to millions of Americans.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

If that's how he feels, why shouldn't he express it. I personally find it no more or less annoying than some one saying the same thing about Jesus.

1. 0
      SassySue1963posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, it is difficult to tell if he is kidding or not on the video. I certainly hope that it is given tongue in cheek.  If it truly annoys you when someone says it about Jesus, who has been accepted by different sects of Christianity for thousands of years as Christ and Savior, then it should bother you a thousand times more when they say it of someone living who is obviously not a God, or messiah.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It bothers me about the same when anyone claims a mortal is a God, be it Caligula, Jesus or Betty White.

Which is to say... it doesn't bother me a lot. People believe weird stuff.  That's their right.

1. scottcgruber profile image91
          scottcgruberposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I take it you won't be joining my Golden Girls prayer group, then?

Only if you provide cookies and I get to be on the canonization committee.

4. WillStarr profile image85

The left is OK with worshiping Obama. That's a given.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know one single person who "worships" Obama, and that is in the US and Canada.

1. tsadjatko profile image79
        tsadjatkoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well you either need to get out more or need to define worship like the rest of us because by my experience they are all over the place, the media thinks he can do no wrong and I'msure you knowthe Obama Phone girl - they all worship him - you mean Obama doesn't send a tingle up your leg?

I think you mean the Reagan Phone girl: http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/ … bama-phone

And supporting a President because you benefited from a 30-year-old government program is hardly the same thing as worship, by any tortured stretch of the definition of the word.

Reagan phoone? I don't hear the obama zombie calling it a reagan phone - that is the whole point, thank you for making it, Obama worshippers blindy credit him with being the giver of everything.

And I didn't hear any conservatives correcting the record by pointing out that their new poster girl for Obama handouts was benefiting from a Reagan-era program. You all were perfectly happy to spin her as a welfare queen whose vote Obama bought with a phone, in spite of the actual facts.

And THAT is the real point. You have invented a caricature of the President and his supporters that is disconnected with reality, and spin everything you see to fit the caricature.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83

Well, I guess I disagree with you about that. Don't use ignorant people to argue your case, they exist on every side.

You said it not me, the obama worshippers are ignorant people andwe agree on that. BTW we are talking about Obama worshippers, not the other side. Nice try at changing the subject.

Actually, the subject is Jamie Foxx and what he said.

And the opposition seems to have found one woman who is ill informed and is an idiot, she is the only one I keep hearing about.

Actually the subject is what Foxx said specifically about worshipping Obama and I just gave you one well known example, there are literally millions to the extent of teaching chidren to sing songs glorifying him or haven't you seen those videos. You can find many many obama zombies who wuldtotally agree with Foxx's quote if not literally in spirit and anyone who denies that is just out of touch wth reality.

And it was making fun of people like you

Ok, bad enough trying to discuss with someone who is out of touch but now incoherancy is unacceptable.

2. psycheskinner profile image82

I personally don't believe in worshiping anything or anyone.  But I don't give a damn what other people do if it doesn't hurt anyone.  Unlike some so-called libertarians and small government conservatives.

3. scottcgruber profile image91

In the parallel universe inhabited by Fox News and Glenn Beck, yes.

Got any surveys or studies to back up your claim of Obama worship here in this universe?

You don't need a study when you can witness it throughout our society, in our homes, schools and on the liberal media shows - try this on for size http://www.prisonplanet.com/school-chil … ssons.html
        http://www.theblaze.com/stories/parenta … ama-chant/

I don't see anything about the messiah in having a photograph of the President of the United States next to a flag, other than the person writing the article. Or singing a song mentioning the President. I seem to recall there were songs sung in honor of George W. Bush in schools.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2006/ … rina-song/

4. PrettyPanther profile image83
      PrettyPantherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh my, you're onto us.  I start my day awakened by my custom Obamalarm shouting "Forward."  I leap from bed wearing my Super Messiah Obamajamas.  My feet, encased in my red-white-and-blue Obama sunrise logo socks, land on my Squishy Soft-as-Liberals plush area rug, a designer label product of the government-subsidized commie co-op, OFA (Obama's Free Stuff).  I then call in sick using my free cell phone, because who needs a job when I can get all the "Obama's Free Stuff" I want, which gives me even more time to worship at my Obamaltar.

1. 61
        Dwight Hicksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LMAO!!!

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
        Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

O'Brilliant!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83

lol

5. scottcgruber profile image91
    scottcgruberposted 4 years ago

You are aware that Jamie Foxx is a comedian, right?

Though the video is no longer available, I'm willing to wager that he said it ironically. Conservatives are pretty unintelligent in general, so it's no surprise that you're taking it the wrong way.

And I'm not sure what "free stuff" Will is referring to. I certainly haven't received any free stuff from this administration. What am I supposed to get?

6. WillStarr profile image85

"But I don't give a damn what other people do if it doesn't hurt anyone."

Neither do I, but when people vote for someone because they view him as a messiah, we will all suffer. I sense a disaster in store for America.

Why? Because one moderate centrist beat another moderate centrist in an election?

1. American View profile image60
        American Viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  Obama a Moderate    ROTF  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Oh my, Whew, Thanks Scott, I needed a good laugh

On a global scale, Obama is very much in the middle.

Not just on a global scale, but on a U.S. scale as well.

Compared to past U.S. presidents, President Obama is the most conservative democrat since 1945. This is according to an objective study of presidential political ideology conducted by University of Georgia professor Keith Poole: http://voteview.com/blog/?p=317

He only looks farther to the left because conservatives have been moving steadily to the right.

1. A Thousand Words profile image80
              A Thousand Wordsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

+ 1

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83

He is definitely a moderate.

If someone is dumb enough to do that, they can't be helped.

Ditto those who won't vote for Obama because they seriously think he is the anti-Christ.

7. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 4 years ago

I thought Mighty Mom or Habee would have come by and make sarcastic comments. I posted this for everyone to laugh at but it appears it ruffled some feathers. Where are you guys, save me, I need a laugh.

Scott, I went back and the video worked for me but I saw a note that it will not work in all browsers. They put another video link in their for those who could not see the original one.

Ok, just watched.

Still sounds like a joke to me. It's very "meta," which is why you don't get it.

See, we in the reality-based community all know that whole "Obama Messiah" thing is a fabrication of the right. No sane person actually thinks of President Obama in messianic terms. Certainly not liberals, who are among the president's biggest critics.

Comedian Jamie Foxx is making a joke about the conservative "Obama Messiah" belief. In other words, he's making fun of you conservatives. And you're falling for it, which makes the joke even funnier.

Wow, wouldn't it be amazing if a mainly comic actor was joking?

1. fpherj48 profile image81
          fpherj48posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Scott......Exactly....this is what I glean....He is making FUN of the right who put the left into the category of Obama Worshippers......He is being sarcastic.....

2. American View profile image60
        American Viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Scott,

I am glad you saw it but it is you that does not get it. I posted it for a laugh, not a debate. But you all went off on each other. If everyone cannot make a joke about this video, see it for what it is, then there is no hope for an immediate fix in Washington because "We the People" cannot even get along. People need to get over themselves, take chill pills again.

8. Wayne Brown profile image86
    Wayne Brownposted 4 years ago

We'll see what folks get when they worship false idols.  The day that I label someone "Lord and Savior", they will be a hell of a lot smarter than one Barack Obama.  You can put lipstick on a pig and add a pretty dress but in the end it's nothing but pork.  Obama is a trainwreck and the country is not far behind....just keep watching.  ~WB

9. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

I wish the American Taliban would stop plastering the word "American" on everything they do. The recent elections just told them where they stand.

10. fpherj48 profile image81
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Gosh...how I hate to be a party-pooper...but....to those curious as to whether Jamie was joking?  Are YOU joking?  Of course he's not joking.   Black comedians may make fun of one another for comdey's sake (which in turn makes them $$)....but when it's as serious as politics & THE FIRST BLACK PREZ....blacks make no jokes.   If you're old enough....ever hear a CATHOLIC say a single negative thing about Kennedy?  No, you didn't.     
    Scott, I agree 100% in your explanation of what Jamie is doing..........and I'll join your Betty White prayer group.

I don't know about you but I have seen lots of black stand up comedians making jokes about Obama.

Surely, I have seen no "insulting nor derogatory" jokes made about the Prez, by black comics......I have seen some extremely funny "skits", and impersonations, done in good taste, just for laughs.....The comedy team of Key & Peele are an example.....check out their videos on You Tube......HILARIOUS, but they are almost COMPLIMENTARY to Obama, because they do skits of the President's Anger Translator (in reference to his calm and serious demeanor)......If people were paying attention, after Obama's first election....Jamie Foxx admitted to crying tears of overwhelming joy.
        I see no need for dems or reps....to use every and any mention of a political figure....ANY political figure....another opportunity to bash, crash and smash....   Yet, somehow it always happens.
        It appears beyond human capabilities for individuals to make a comment or simply speak one sentence, without ripping up an opposing side...........Main reason my husband and I are Independents.   
        I don't make it a practice to get into ADORING politicians....That's utter nonsense.

2. scottcgruber profile image91

I seriously hope you're being ironic here.

And regarding Catholics and Kennedy, try talking to some Cubans over 50.

3. A Thousand Words profile image80
      A Thousand Wordsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

... I'm honestly trying to figure out if you're joking. I hope so.

Thousand words.....The clip of Jamie, appears to me...to be Jamie using sarcasm to "jab" the far right for originally creating the belief that liberals worship and adore Obama.....as in....."OK, you Right wing looneys want to make us look like Obama fanatics?....let's play the game."     (Maybe a passive/aggressive  or comic/seriousness  statement)     Does this help you figure out what I was saying?  After all, this is merely my take on the clip.....only Jamie knows what he was conveying. Correct?

11. WillStarr profile image85

"Or singing a song mentioning the President."

Schoolchildren were also taught to sing tributes to Hitler, Stalin, and Mao, and we all know how that turned out.

Godwin's Law ++

12. WillStarr profile image85

'Godwin's Law'

Calling all comparisons to Hitler logical fallacies is in itself, a logical fallacy.

I would point out that I compared schoolchildren being taught to sing songs about a leader, not just to Hitler (they were), but also to Stalin and Mao, so Godwin does not apply. In any case, Godwin was exercising his right to be sarcastic.

Oh, right. My bad. I didn't realize that comparing Obama to Hitler didn't count if you compared him to Mao and Stalin at the same time.

Godwin's law doesn't say the reference is a fallacy

13. WillStarr profile image85

"Oh, right. My bad. I didn't realize that comparing Obama to Hitler didn't count if you compared him to Mao and Stalin at the same time."

Liberal snark acknowledged.

14. 61
    Dwight Hicksposted 4 years ago

It's called a joke................Nothing more, nothing less

15. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/11/j … vegas.html

It's possible that Foxx, who performed at President Obama's inauguration, became disenchanted with the president. Many Americans did.
    I mean, in the four years Obama's been in office, how may good movies -- make that how many movies period -- has Foxx starred in???
    No wonder he's making fun of his former idol!!
    lol

16. Dr Billy Kidd profile image91
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago

The tape is cut to make sure no one gets the fact that Jamie Fox was joking and then walks out and talks in the direction of Michelle Obama, who was in attendance. I guess it must be illegal to joke around here.

17. Cody Hodge5 profile image82
    Cody Hodge5posted 4 years ago

The real question is what Kanye West thinks smile

1. PrettyPanther profile image83
      PrettyPantherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LOL  big_smile

18. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

It's amazing to see how quickly the feathers are ruffled at the mere mention of his name.

It's a joke, lighten up.  lol

19. ocbill profile image76
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

I agree. this "left" and "liberal" categorizing is inaccurate when it comes to people voting democrat.  It is a dying classification (and generation) as the majority of people have come closer in thought when it comes to politics.

working