jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

There is no war on God either.

1. Barefootfae profile image59
    Barefootfaeposted 3 years ago

http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/06/schoo … ders-poem/

Were I the parent of that child and the child of the Grandparent woe betide the Principle. Barefootfae don't play this stuff.

1. PrettyPanther profile image86
      PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What would Barefootfae do?  I am so curious.

1. Barefootfae profile image59
        Barefootfaeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Probably wind up on the nightly news.
        What that was was a load of politically correct BS.

1. 0
          Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree.
          The Left is messing with children's rights and their heads,  in several different ways, from abortion to school activities.   I call them cowards, because that's one of the main ways they push their agenda-----through children.

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
            Repairguy47posted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's exactly right, start the indoctrination process in school, they use our money to do it and then whine about Christmas,God, Jesus and the Easter bunny!

2. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oddly enough, I find myself in agreement with the rightwinger in this case. There is a fine line between 'mentioning God' and indoctrination of children to adhere to a particular faith, that is establishment.

I don't care how many times God is mentioned, just keep promotion of a religious faith and its tenets at home or in your church

My issue as always is ESTABLISHMENT!

2. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Totally agree with Barefootmae, nothing is wrong with the mention of God.  What are these people thinking?   I am a Liberal and I found this to be quite unnerving to say the least.   The child has a right to freedom of expression, she did not harm anyone else in the process!

3. 0
    SassySue1963posted 3 years ago

Yeah, she wasn't preaching or anything. She was mentioning her relative's faith, pretty much just stating a fact of the man the essay was about.