jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Would Syria be used as another strategic base for US?

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 3 years ago

The news about Syria being ready to use chemical weapons against its own people is a deja vu situation and would be probably used as a pretext to establish a strategic base for US in the Middle East. Close to Israel and close enough to Iran, it seems "perfect"

1. tmbridgeland profile image84
      tmbridgelandposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Seems unneeded to me. The US already has plenty of bases and points of access in the Middle East. We recently gave up a big one in Iraq that was a lot closer to Iran than Syria. Plus, Obama is planning a huge downsizing in the US military, so the resources to take over and control another country just won't be there, to say nothing of the political will. Syria gives the US no particular advantages and lots of downside risk..

2. SentMe profile image61
    SentMeposted 3 years ago

Well, if I were a betting man, I would say those accumulated chemical weapons probably have manifest numbers that match that of Iraq's old stockpile. Saddam used chemical weapons on the Kurds and we did nothing, so in essence, the same applies.

As for strategic strongholds, we already hold ground in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey and Egypt. Syria's link to Turkey is critical that is why we gave them Patriot Missle Batteries and we give enough money to the other's to hold the lid on.

The "perfect" thing going on right now is the globalist agenda. The grip of a unified global dominating force creeps closer which is powered by the disinformation of the world mass media. The crisis is growing and unfortunately, with the help of economic enslavement and social acceptance, it is going to flare like no tomorrow...hmm...quite the simile I might add.

3. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 3 years ago

Where is the relevance of your question?