jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are we on our way to 1984?

1. ThompsonPen profile image82
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

Briton certainly are well watched with their CCTV everywhere, the running gag being "Big Brother Briton", but what about the US? Think that we are on our way to the Orwellian disutopia?

1. bBerean profile image59
      bBereanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am concerned our current trajectory may have  us well on our way to a world that would creep Orwell out.

2. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, however in the US we're well and truly on our way to the Brave New World described by Aldous Huxley.

2. BloodRedPen profile image71
    BloodRedPenposted 4 years ago

"My friends" We are already there. Satellites that can read a newspaper on the ground. Live video cameras everywhere. Facial recognition software. GPS in cellphones. GPS and remote systems in your car that can be used to control and monitor its movements. Just last week verizon showed a DVR that has a camera & microphone in it (They say its to enable targeted ads). Your DVR may be watching you LOL. And how many of you have a camera on your computer? Do you find yourself covering it with something? and unplugging the microphone smile

3. bBerean profile image59
    bBereanposted 4 years ago

Oh pay no attention, there is nothing to all this....by the way, I see the remote you were looking for earlier, under the couch.

1. ThompsonPen profile image82
      ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh thanks! I was wondering where that thing went smile

working