jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

The Politics of Insanity

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 3 years ago

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/09/s … itlements/

Leverage!?!?!?!?!?  Since when is the fiscal solvency of our government a "bargaining chip?"  This is an absurd strategy, and Obama needs to call their bluffs on this.  It is childish behavior.

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do you not yet understand?
      Resolving the "fiscal cliff" should be business as usual;  should've already been done.
      Obama simply is using that so-called dilemma to distract from the Benghazi scandal and anything else he doesn't want to be transparent about.    He is hoping to "bluff" not just the GOP, but everyone in this Country.

1. 0
        Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It should be, but when one party refuses to raise taxes on Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, there is a bit of an issue...

I also don't know what evidence you have that Obama is using the fiscal cliff to "distract" from Benghazi. 

As for the bluffing, does it bother you when Democrats actually fight against Republican obstructionism?  It's more than overdue really.

1. 0
          Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Last I heard, neither Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, nor Donald Trump, nor any rich guy was my father.   Therefore, not responsible for what kind of economic lifestyle I have, except in the same way that ALL able citizens are responsible for each other collectively by paying into the tax system based on their earnings.    They have the right to the same percentage of their earnings as poor people do.   Many rich people give to charities and etc.     They shouldn't be forced to do so, nor should they be forced to pay a higher percentage than anyone else.    Sure, there are plenty of loopholes, I reckon, for the rich.   But then, there are plenty of loopholes for the poor too.   A single mother usually gets most if not all of her tax payments back at the end of the year;  or she can claim it during the year;  that's a good thing;  the sytem's been set to help people who are working but struggling.   Why would it be fair to tax the rich more?    It isn't.     All we'd be doing would be putting more control into the hands of Obama or whichever particular despot may weasel his way in next,   and possibly biting the hands that already help feed us (the wealthy!).

2. tammybarnette profile image60
      tammybarnetteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sooner, I have been in shock that after such a bitter election we are still stone walled, as the people. Conservatives, voting for large cuts to the entitlement srtucture, at this time in our economic recovery, have clearly sold out to big business...They know this would derail the economy, but they do not care about the economic conditions of the many, only the few that they keep trying to sell as the job creators...