jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Doctor who became angry and texted mean messages

1. SoManyPaths profile image60
    SoManyPathsposted 3 years ago

What would you do when a licensed doctor  (after you decided to not rent his vacation rental)  became irate and sent childish mean text messages late at night 12:30am?  Yes, it unbelievable. We just backed since he texted us so much, nonstop, 50+ in 3 days, like a teen saying he'd love to have us as tenants and so forth. He even shouted with all CAPs saying You need to take the place. I didn't like that language so much then before meeting to sign, he texts in all caps "don't screw me on this". Never in my life have I dealt with somebody like this trying to rent  a place for a few weeks. It just became overwhelming so we canceled it. And still today the guy is texting us calling us losers, low-lifes, I own big time stock invstments and got better tenants after you let it go etc. I know I can block it which I did but any legal remedies?

1. By Lori profile image59
      By Loriposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Anyone can be a nut case - he sounds like one !

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

The fact that he is a doctor seems irrelevant.  If any of the texts are potentially illegal (harassing, threatening) I would suggest reporting them to the police. He sounds like the kind of person they might want to know about.

3. SoManyPaths profile image60
    SoManyPathsposted 3 years ago

I talked to a landlord tenant lawyer and he said to just file a restraining order for harassment. If he continues after being served he will be jailed. It's just so weird. Here's a guy who proclaims himself as college educated with a doctorate degree stooping to childish teenage behavior starting off texts with "Hey stupid, I got..." or HAHAHA.. It makes me think it is someone else.