jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Norfth Korean Rocket Launch

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago
    1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep, they could be a real problem down the road...

1. steveso profile image75
        stevesoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And there is nothing anyone can do about it.

2. 0
        Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't like to laugh, because their attempts at launches are so feeble, but it is a serious problem that they are trying to get a nuke.  They didn't even come up in the presidential campaign!

North Korea doesn't care what the world does or thinks. They have shown they care more about rocket launches than feeding their starving people. If anything was said during the elections, it would habe been meaningless rhetoric.

1. 0

I'm glad they are still weak.

2. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

I didn't realize I typed this too quickly and misspelled North.  My apologies.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Too late. You have ended the world as we know it. big_smile

1. 0

I have a friend in SK, and she said the military has been put on full alert.  I think it's all a bluff by the North though.

Most likely. What is bizarre is that the people of North Korea firmly believe that N. Korea is far ahead of the rest of the world. Since they now little about the outside world a bluff is all the gov't needs to further control the people.

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image91
          Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The article that Sooner28 links to says the North Korean rocket passed over Okinawa. That's where the U.S. military's main base in Japan is located. Pretty darn good bluff, right?

My take is that it's for local comsumption. Or, perhaps it's North Korea's version of Gangnam Style--"dress fancy, dance cheesy,." as Psy would have it.

1. 0

Haha.  It's just not at the level that anyone should be worried.  That's all I meant.

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image91
              Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Exactly.

3. Comrade Joe profile image88
    Comrade Joeposted 4 years ago

This is an excellent development from the DPRK.  It is a peaceful mission, many other countries have launched satellites.  The way this has been cynically twisted in the West and fraudulently presented as a missile is typical of imperialism.

The DPRK has proven it is not a backwards country and so they must be presented as a threat.  We've seen it all before.

working