jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Mitt Romney didn't want to be President

1. ThompsonPen profile image85
    ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mitt … ction.html
    So what does everyone think of this statement issued by his father about Romney's losing the Presidential Race?

1. Ericdierker profile image82
      Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A man, or woman who wants to be POTUS is not wothy. It is a thing they take on to try to better the country. We are over 200 years old and every single president has done good things. These are great people in a great nation who do great things. Tearing them down is so childish and lacking in appreciation. Hate or love em they are still great people and I am pround of each one of them.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I'm sure that's really comforting to everyone who donated millions of dollars to his campaign fund.

3. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 3 years ago

Makes sense. He didn't want it for the fame, power, or money. I think he did it out of love and concern for our sick country,

Oh well, we're going to have to learn some very difficult lessons soon.

4. paulburchett profile image79
    paulburchettposted 3 years ago

I find it very amusing, probably one of the silliest things I've ever read. I wouldn't be surprised if he runs a third time, he'd have a very good chance of winning. He did everything he could to win, but I don't think anyone could've defeated Obama.

5. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 3 years ago

Mitt Romney and his family just need to go away. They wanted it. They thought they could steal it. They got stopped. That's all. The continuing lying, bizarre behavior and silliness have to stop sometime. We have real problems that the WackyRomneys are not helping to solve.

1. 0
      JaxsonRaineposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yup... real problems.

We still have unemployment around 14-15%.

We still have trillion dollar deficits.

We're likely to have a recession next year.

Our debt is still skyrocketing, we are still at risk of being downgraded again.

We're raising taxes on millions of small businesses, even though they already pay the highest rates in the world.

You're right, we still have problems, but surely we can fix our problems because we did the same thing we tried in 2008. It didn't work then, but clearly it will work this time.

6. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

Wasn't that the same son that wanted to take a swing at President Obama during one of the debates?
    Or is it the one who owned (or ostensibly owned) a piece of the company that owns the voting machines in Ohio?
    Regardless, I don't trust a single thing any of the Romneys say.
    They have lost all credibility.
    Wherever rich people's haven they disappear to, they should take Donald Trump with them!

1. 0
      JaxsonRaineposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't know, it might have been the same son, but his ties to the Ohio voting machines were blown way out of proportion. He didn't even own a piece of the company that owned a piece of the company that owned the voting machines.

You act as if any politicians have credibility... not very many do, and definitely not any of our recent presidents or presidential candidates.

7. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 3 years ago

Romney couldn't win anyway. Obama fought that battle with one hand behind his back. If Romney really didn't want to be president, then he should of stepped aside especially when he didn't receive the required number of votes in the primaries to become the Republican candidate. Maybe they should of ran that idiot, Sarah Palin, to go up again Obama! Didn't she tell Diane Sawyer on national TV that she could of beat Obama in 2012! LOL. Doubt she knows what the president's job description is because she was clueless on what a vice president did in 2008.

1. ThompsonPen profile image85
      ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That woman terrified me.