jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What Happend, How did we get here, and, Where will we end up???

1. OLYHOOCH profile image61
    OLYHOOCHposted 3 years ago

I feel bad for our young-ens. They don't know, or, never will know, How good WE had it. On the other hand,

I never thought I would live long enough to see My Country, The same country, Going head first, in the toilet.

1. Quilligrapher profile image87
      Quilligrapherposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey Oly. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Oly, survival depends upon our ability to adapt to change. Time to stop thinking about how great things used to be and start thinking about how proud our children are going to make us feel in the future.

OLYHOOCHposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, Quillgrapher. I am already proud of my Daughter.

I am a Grandpa. Two girls, 14 and 19. We don't talk much, but that is OK.

She has a Great Husband, her own life and I am Happy for her. I am not the type to rock the boat.

Once again, we are starting to, e-mail each other, and that is great for me.

She has My Stubbornness and her Mother's Temper.

I have, HOOCH, and he is My Friend, Pal, and gives ma, 110%.

You and I both know that The United States If America, is Upside Down.

I will leave it at that.

I wish You and Your The Best for,Next Year.

2. scottcgruber profile image92
      scottcgruberposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What magical country did you grow up in that never had economic recessions until just now?

Scottcgruber,. I grew up in the Good Old USA. Los Angeles, to be exact. I know you don't get my point.

You don't remember Penny Bubble gum, Meat was .25 a LB, Gas was .07 cents per gal.

A person could always find a job, and you never asked, How Much Do I Make.

You just went to work and that was it.

I got to the 11th Grade in Public School. Had to quit to go to work. My Father Got his Pink slip at the age of 62.

I am still a student of, The School Of Hear Knocks, and will never graduate.

Been around the Horn and back several times. I have been up and I have been down.

I am 70, and still kicking A**, foe the Seniors, Vets, Disabled Vets of America.

I am all over the Government, Congress and The Senate, The MEDiAS  worst Nightmare.

2. backporchstories profile image84
    backporchstoriesposted 3 years ago

Yup, we got here by greed.  Yes, we should understand that what we do today effects our children for tomorrow!  We are to be stewards of this land and leave it in better condition for our grandchildren.  So sad!

Ya, Right. $7.00 a gallon for, Milk. What's with that.

3. Cancasa profile image59
    Cancasaposted 3 years ago

I don't think many realise how dire the worls economic situation is.
    As someone mentioned, it was caused by pure greed but this wealth destruction and transfer has been going on for decades not just recently.
    Currencies have been losing their values for years but the unsuspecting public were paying the stealth tax that is inflation.