jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

'Shame on you,Congress': Repub in Sandy-hit areas blast House GOP

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

By Tracy Connor, NBC News
    The House GOP came under a blistering bipartisan assault Wednesday for punting on Sandy relief, with Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie complaining he couldnt even get Speaker John Boehner to return his calls.

Fallout from the surprise vote pullback on a $60 billion aid package mounted by the hour with cries of outrage and calls for revenge.

By late afternoon, it seemed like the onslaught was having an effect. The House scheduled a Friday vote on $9 billion in funds, to be followed by a Jan. 15 vote on another $51 billion.

It was unclear if that would mollify the New York and New Jersey politicians who unleashed unusually personal attacks against Boehner and other House Republicans
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01 … elief?lite
    I guess Boehner is telling the Republican Gov to *uck himself too roll

1. ATexanagain profile image60
      ATexanagainposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Chris Christie just needs to jump the fence and become a Democrat.

1. breakfastpop profile image85
        breakfastpopposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Chrisitie should stay exactly who he is and give his colleagues hell.

1. Stacie L profile image89
          Stacie Lposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Cristie cares about this state and constituents...I don't care what his party affiliation is;
          this seems to be a rare occurrence these days.

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't know the whole story of this issue, but it's highly possible there's a reason Boehner would be slow about putting this bill through.   I do know one thing----it's getting really old seeing the GOP blamed for everything,  while the Democratic President won't take responsibility for even one fiasco of his doing.

Anyway, here's what I found on the Sandy  Relief bill issue............

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/l … CKwbheEV0N

Perhaps the fatty pork-laden bill is reminiscent of the so-called Obamacare bill.......laden with extras that have nothing to do with actually helping people in need.

1. Paul Wingert profile image80
        Paul Wingertposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it's because the Republicans are a bunch of screw ups and need to evolve or die. The first thing they need to do is get rid of cry-baby Boehner. Of course I could care less what they do, even if they do get rid of Boehner, they're still a bunch of clowns.