jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Incarceration Inc.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

According to a study stated on the Alex Jones show, America has the largest prison population in the world.    Many of the inmates are incarcerated for victimless crimes.   These studies further maintained that the correctional system is working in partnership with corporations.  Let us discuss this.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

To the best of my knowledge, this is all true.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

I don't find it so.  There are unfortunately large numbers of people that demand that others live their lives according to the dictates of the majority whether it actually affects that majority or not.  We thus have huge numbers of those horrible criminals that had an ounce of pot, hired a prostitute for the night or some other foul and evil deed that we don't like.

We then demand that our police force lock them up, but run into problems with both funding and the NIMBY principle.  So we demand that our politicians do something about both; about the only solution is to hire a (cheaper) outside source with room to keep them locked away from right thinking people.

"We the people" create this "collusion"; it isn't the prison system that hires or pays for outside companies to isolate the "criminals" and the arrest/incarceration of the prisoners is at our direction, not some corporation.

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I've seen several articles about all the states outsourcing incarceration. It's a booming business. If I had the money, I'd buy stocks in those companies. big_smile