jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

The Dalai Lama Awarded the U.S. Congressional Gold Medal

1. Guru-C profile image54
    Guru-Cposted 9 years ago

October, 17, 2007 - Today, the United States officially celebrated H.H. The Dalai Lama, in a ceremony that took place in the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., awarding the Nobel Laureate and Temporal Head of the Government of Tibet in Exile and the Spiritual Head of the Tibetan people.

I just want to share my happiness about this event, as it recognizes a great human being worthy of enormous respect (and who I had the pleasure of meeting, briefly).  It is also a statement in support of human rights and religious freedom.

2. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 9 years ago

Well said.

Would that all of US foreign policy were so enlightened.

1. thecounterpunch profile image56
      thecounterpunchposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No way US Foreign Policy is under the control of the Council of Foreign Relations, Rockefeller's Internationalist Organization whose apparent aim is peace but in disguise it's just imperialism. My hubpages are full of all the proofs.

3. Earth Angel profile image68
    Earth Angelposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the GREAT Hub!! Blessings be with the HH the Dalai Lama!!  I was in LA at Universal Studios last year, September 13, 2006, with 10,000 others the moment HH the Dalai Lama received the news of his upcoming U.S. Congressional Gold Medal!!  Interesting to me was that HH the Dalai Lama resisted speaking out politically against the War in Iraq until right after this announcement!!  I applaude, and admire HH the Dalai Lama!!  http://www.dalailama.com

4. Guru-C profile image54
    Guru-Cposted 9 years ago

Hi, Earth Angel,

That sounds like a wonderful experience!  Would love to hear more about it.

Thank you so much for your kind comment.

Tashi Delek and Best Regards,

5. thecounterpunch profile image56
    thecounterpunchposted 8 years ago

Oh yeah more a self-promotion for the United States a country who respects democracy in other countries for sure ...(like France one of the most hypocrit country in the world as well)