jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Alex Jones on CNN

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 3 years ago

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/07/a … interview/

If you can look past the way Alex Jones doesn't observe the niceties of interviews, he does bring up some interesting points.

2. innersmiff profile image86
    innersmiffposted 3 years ago

I enjoyed this a lot. Alex Jones is simultaneously amazing and frustrating. He has absolutely no idea how to have a civil debate with someone about these issues, but on the other hand . . . that was one hell of a truth bomb, on mainstream national news. I had to laugh out loud when he was talking about Operation Gladio "Oooh, the CIA don't like me talking about this!" lol

Sometimes I wish this 'Truther' shall we say, wasn't so brash and angry, but it's this approach that has awoken so many people to the great lie of modern America.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

I stopped watching Piers Morgan, but that must have been entertaining to watch.

4. peoplepower73 profile image89
    peoplepower73posted 3 years ago

I watched it last night.  Here is my truth.  The man is a nut case and I wouldn't trust him with any of his 51  guns.  It is a sad social commentary that he has over a million followers.  I have never heard of him until the show last night and I hope I never have to listen to him or see him again.  If he is what this country  is about, then I fear for this country.  He is creating unfounded paranoia.  He knows that fear can be a great motivator.  It's the same propaganda that was used to manipulate people into doing things out of fear, not rational thought. Any person that is not willing to carry on a respectable, civil discourse about an issue has something to hide.  He talks about conspiracy theory, but I believe he has his own conspiracy.

1. 0
      Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I didn't like the fact that he oversimplified gun violence as solely being about the government taking control, interrupting the interviewer repeatedly, or playing a little bit of xenophobia when he called for Morgan to be deported.

But he was right about governments, at times, not being trust worthy, and all of these CIA operations are real.  I suggest reading up on Operation Northwoods and Operation COINTEL PRO.

And the overuse of drugs for depression is also a major concern, and he is correct that the drugs do say they can cause suicidal thoughts.  I'm not a libertarian by any stretch, but sometimes points just need to be stated very straight forwardly.

5. 0
    Jonesy50posted 3 years ago

I guess some people, even some posters here, can't handle the truth no matter how it's presented.

I saw one story where Alex Jones made one of the CNN producers cry with this interview. They're not use to hearing, much less broadcasting, the truth.

6. Paul Wingert profile image80
    Paul Wingertposted 3 years ago

That wasn't the first time the Piers had a complete idiot on his show. Since he's from Texas, I was disappointed that his didn't show up wearing the usual cowboy costume. He said that if they take away our gun, it'll be 1776 again. So if they government ban all guns, what's this moron going to do, start a hometown militia and battle the US Army with hope that France comes to our rescue? LOL. The government is NOT going to take away all the guns. They're are going to ban a few types (assault weapons) and high capacity magazines (holding more than 10 rounds). I don't have a problem with people owning guns, but I do have a problem with guns owned by idiots.

1. 0
      Jonesy50posted 3 years ago in reply to this

"They're are going to ban a few types (assault weapons) and high capacity magazines (holding more than 10 rounds)."

You do realize most SEMI-AUTO pistols holds a mag that holds more than 10 rounds, right? Mine holds 16 +1.

1. Paul Wingert profile image80
        Paul Wingertposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes I do realize that. They can change make the manufacturers change the capacity of pistol and rifle magazines. Of course that restriction is going to cost that much more and it'll be passed to the consumer. But that's not the government's problem.

7. LauraD093 profile image85
    LauraD093posted 3 years ago

This link and my usual 1 pot java habit prior to responding to your forums has me wide awake! His style needs work but I do agree his facts (some ) were correct. There are no easy answers  I do not think the 2nd amendment is really in a position of danger right now. Although something must be done to protect the innocent (what?) armed guard outside every class-room?   If I had children they would have to risk becoming socially retarded because it would be "home-school" all the way.

8. Credence2 profile image86
    Credence2posted 3 years ago

I saw that clip, Sooner, that Alex Jones guy reminded me of a salivating rabid dog. His very behavior detracted from his position and every point that he was attempting to make.

Is this the way of the rightwinger?