jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Who Needs Fist When You Can Grab A Weapon

1. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 4 years ago

Taft, Califorina School Shooting.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-575 … -in-calif/

Just another day in good old America as we head off to school with our English books, gun/s and bullets.

1. howtolearnmore profile image60
      howtolearnmoreposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"That shooting prompted President Obama to promise new efforts to curb gun violence. "

I'd like to see that happen. But if prohibition of drugs and alcohol has taught us anything, it is that banning something won't make the problem go away - it might make it even worse.

2. Disappearinghead profile image89
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Another NRA sales opportunity then! I hear it now, "If only that poor student had his own gun, then the other student would not have shot him."

1. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That sounds right to me...

2. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 4 years ago

howtolearnmore,

I appreciate you providing your insight regarding this issue. Your point about prohibition I find interesting.

You are correct in that law enforcement encountered problems with banning drugs and alcohol. The interesting part of the situation is where as these drugs and alcohol were damaging people's internal organs basically people are slowly killing themselves they would prefer to shorten their lives rather than accept a ban which would most likely lengthen their lives.

working