jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Guns And Mental Health

1. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 4 years ago

In our zeal to fixed the problem of gun violence as it relates to mentally ill people have we swung the pendulum too far?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01 … a-gun?lite

The above article points out people who may be in need of mentally care physicians for a evaluations are indicating they are going to stay away cents a mentally care physician will be obligated to report any instance of someone indicating that they may want to do harm to themselves or others.

What if you are I was having a bad day and we happen to say something we didn't mean like "I could just kill my supervisor" maybe in the waiting room of a hospital we just might find ourselves on that list of not being able to get a weapon.

1. profile image60
      whoisitposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When I have a bad day I don't threaten to kill, maybe you should reevaluate.

SpanStarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You'll have to forgive the rest of the population we're not all as perfect as you are.....I'm guessing you do forgive?

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Mental health professional are already required to report and act upon plausible threats to harm self or others.

SpanStarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is true however the article points that reporting and restriction will be tighter.

working