jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Spare the air

1. tirelesstraveler profile image86
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

It started raining here about 10:30 am and it's still raining at 8:30 pm.  We got the alert last night that today would be a spare the air day.  The point of spare the air days are to improve air quality by reducing particulate matter in the air. Tomorrow is a spare the air day too and rain is predicted as well. 
    I am having difficulty believing the air quality is bad when it's been raining all day.
    When these alerts are called you can't burn in your fire place. No wood, No presto logs no anything.  An interesting spare the air day report was the Sunday before Christmas.  The public official interviewed on the radio was explaining that Christmas day would be a spare the air day because so many people would be burning logs in their fire places on Christmas Eve that fires on Christmas couldn't possibly be allowed.  Really!  It poured here on Christmas Day.  The spare the air alert was called off, They have revealed some of the people who are on this board that declares these things don't even have science degrees. It shows.

2. jandee profile image47
    jandeeposted 4 years ago

I think they have the date wrong as well.    Don't they know it's April  1st......

tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LOL

3. Superkev profile image85
    Superkevposted 4 years ago

I'll be damned if some bureaucratic numbskull would tell me I can't burn a log in MY fireplace in MY home when ever I please.

This is what you get from the liberal nanny state and Obama's Amerika. 

This lot thinks they are some type of royalty and that we are their subjects, they are going to find out different.

tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Bravo Well said!

working